Hello lovelies! I hope you all had a great day today…because really, I’d feel a little bad if I were all alone. 😉
Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!
So you guys know how nervous I was about meeting my friend this morning for my first 7 mile run…
Btw, do you follow me on Daily Mile? You really should!
I never knew how much of a difference it made to run with other people! I couldn’t even believe my pace…I must’ve checked my watch a half dozen times! Just Tuesday I ran by myself at a 9:35 pace for 5 miles and that was PUSHING it!
All the factors were definitely in my favor…great weather (65 degrees), a beautiful route, and engaging conversation…the perfect way to start a Thursday if you ask me!
And you know what’s the perfect way to END a Thursday? With a delicious recipe of course! And with perfect timing for the holiday weekend!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons honey (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup nutty granola (I used Bare Naked Fruit & Nut)
1. Wash and dry broccoli florets and place in a large bowl
2. Combine yogurt and honey in a small bowl, pour over broccoli and stir to mix.
3. Add dried cranberries and granola and stir to combine.
*Measurements are approximate due to my habit of grabbing a “handful of this” and a “handful of that.” Feel free to add more or less to suit your tastes.
You can really do many different variations with this recipe. Don’t have dried cranberries? How about raisins? I liked the addition of the granola which was mostly almonds, but I think pecans would also be a great choice!
All my runners out there: do you prefer running solo or with a buddy?
What’s your favorite (store-bought or homemade) granola?