This morning I set out on a little adventure…transfer the hundreds of recipe bookmarks I have stored on my laptop to my boards on Pinterest. After seeing Jenn do it with the WIAW posts, I wondered why on Earth I had thought of it myself! I’ve been hoarding some of these recipes since October of last year, but have forgotten all about them!
Not anymore…now this ADHD foodie has picture references!
While I was enjoying a big ol’ mug of black juice and pinning to my little heart’s content, I started getting a little hungry. The no-fail way to find your appetite: peruse food blogs and drool over other people’s recipes. 😉
I’m not sure exactly what got me thinking about proscuitto and figs…obviously somewhere in the depths of my hard-drive space, there was something that tipped me off, but all of a sudden I was overcome with a craving…sweet and salty…
And of course it HAD to be a pancake! It IS Pancake Sunday after all!
Sunday morning realization #1:
Though it may taste delicious, without the use of spell check “proscuitto,” turns into all sorts of things in my mind:
Sunday morning realization #2:
Anywho! You guys interested in a recipe that features some super sweet figs and a prostitute?
Um, er…I mean…
- 1 ounce proscuitto (or you can use bacon), diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 whole egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2-1 teaspoon brown sugar (depending on your taste preferences)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 dried figs, diced
3. In a separate bowl, combine whisked egg, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and almond milk.
5. Stir in browned proscuitto and diced figs* (reserving a small amount of each for topping)
7. Plate and top with reserved proscuitto and figs and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
*Don’t be surprised when the batter turns out to be pretty lumpy…it’s just FULL of the good stuff!
Oh, hey Jess!
Looks like you’ll just have to make them yourself!
I guarantee these babies will change your life…ok, so maybe they won’t elevate your social status or help you get that alluring job promotion, but hey, you’ve got a hankering for sweet and salty? Put away those chocolate covered pretzels, and make these ASAP!
You will NOT be disappointed!
Just don’t forget to leave the money on the bed. 😉
What’s your favorite sweet & salty combo?