Happy Easter my little bunnies!
Seriously? You HAD to know this was coming…
I was awake for a total of 5 minutes this morning before I had my first taste…
The sweet taste of victory!
Obviously, I did what any normal nut butter deprived person would do on a Sunday morning…
I made peanut butter pancakes!
You wouldn’t believe how long it took me to decide which one to use, but I really wanted the natural peanut flavor to come through in these and not be outshone by too many other flavors. So, as orgasmic (I kid you not) as the PB Crave Cookie Nookie* was, I decided to keep things pure and simple.
*Be on the lookout for a review on the full line of PB Crave peanut butters in a few weeks!
Remember this little guy from my Foodie Pen Pal box?
Well, he just happened to bump into these guys on the way out of the pantry and…
C’mon, who am I to deny the unquestionable deliciousness of peanut butter and chocolate?
So in they went!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3/4 cup milk (I used vanilla soy milk)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
* The peanut butter I used for this recipe was runnier than some so if you are using a thick peanut butter (closer to the consistency of JIF), add up to 1/8 cup more milk.
1. Preheat a non-stick skillet or grilled to medium heat and coat with a bit of coconut oil or cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a smaller bowl, add peanut butter, milk, and vanilla and whisk or stir with a fork until smooth.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon batter onto skillet and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
7. Flip and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes until done.
8. Serve with a drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Powered by Recipage
Not only is this recipe super simple with only 7 ingredients, but it’s also EGGLESS!
So pop in some carob chips or other dairy free chocolate and
you’ve got yourself a stack of…
I’m not quite sure if it was the absence of the egg and or the presence of the peanut butter, but the pancakes cooked up nice and crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, and I swear to you these had almost a cookie dough-like flavor to them!
And I promise that’s not just the peanut butter high talking! 😉
I hope everyone has a great Easter Sunday full of family, fun, good food and all the things you abstained from for Lent!
PS, Just thought you guys should know I found it funny that I typed “peanut butter” THIRTEEN times in this post…can you tell I’m a little excited?