Well, I did it!
After not one, not two, but THREE solid kitchen fails, I finally have it!
What do ya think…fourth time’s a charm?
First there were muffins:
There were PANCAKES!!
Doughy stacks pancakes layered with a cool pillow of “orange creamsicle” filling and warm sweet grilled orange slices…
How’s that for tantalizing your tastebuds?
You guys have GOT to try these!
Orange Creamsicle Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 1)
For the Pancakes:
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (mine was approx. 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (or a bit more protein powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 5-7 drops NuNaturals Orange Stevia (or orange extract or more orange zest)
For the Creamsicle Topping:
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (can use low-fat or fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3-5 drops NuNaturals Orange Stevia (or orange extract or more orange zest)
- 1/2 orange cut into 1/2 inch rounds (optional)
- Orange marmalade, thinned with water (optional)
For the Pancakes:
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Add egg white to blender and allow to blend for 2-3 minutes or until white and foamy.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine flours, protein powder, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, orange zest, stevia, and egg white.
- Transfer wet ingredients to dry ingredients and carefully stir until all the flour is incorporated (careful not to overstir).
- Pour batter onto skillet/griddle (mine made three medium-sized cakes) and allow to cook 5-7 minutes per side or until golden brown (batter will not bubble).
For the Orange Creamsicle Topping:
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, coconut flour, and stevia in a bowl.
- Slice rinds off of orange rounds, add to skillet, and cook about 30 seconds on each side.
- Layer yogurt and orange slices on top of each pancake and drizzle with thinned marmalade.
Over 30 grams of protein? What?!
You could always use your favorite pancake syrup and forego the “orange creamsicle” topping, but c’mon, would you really wanna miss out on this?
Yeah, I didn’t think so!
HAPPY PANCAKE SUNDAY!