Good morning, my little cookie crumbs!
Wow, I’m seriously impressed with how many of you would consider whipping up an E.L.F Frittata for your next breakfast! If you want some more ideas (and honorary membership to the Weird Foodie Club), be sure to check out the other #strangebutgood link ups over on Laura’s blog!
Now let’s talk cookies!
I don’t know about you guys, but there is just something about the combo of warm chocolate chip cookies you can get at in a Christmas cookie gift box and a cold glass of milk around the holidays…
Especially if they are soft,
and COVERED in syrup!
Yep, because you know how I roll…I eat my cookies for BREAKFAST!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast high protein protein powder coconut flour chocolate chips Christmas Pancake Sunday winter
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 scoop (30 grams) vanilla protein powder (or another tablespoon of coconut flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter extract (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips, divided.
1. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine flours, protein powder, and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Whisk egg white until light and frothy.
4. Combine egg white, milk, and extract(s).
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until flour is incorporated.
6. Fold in 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips into batter.
7. Spoon batter onto skillet, forming 3 medium-sized pancakes.
8. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until golden brown with crisp edges.
9. Plate and top with the other tablespoon of chocolate chips (or more…what the heck, it’s the holidays!) and drizzle with maple syrup.
Nutrition facts* with 2 tablespoons chips but without syrup:
*If you want to lower the calories a bit, try using a lower calorie flour like oat flour (oats ground into flour using a food processor)…that way you don’t have to skimp on the chocolate! 😉
But seriously, what’s a calorie when you’ve got a plate of these babies
staring you in the face?
Yeah, I thought so too!
I may or may not have dunked each bite into my glass of milk…and licked my plate clean.
Sorry Santa, you’ll have to get your own! 😉
How do you like your chocolate chip cookies…crunchy, chewy, nutty?
Are you a dunker?