Hey, hey, HEY! Happy Friday! 😀
Who’s up for some #strangebutgood breakfast this morning?
Can you believe it’s been over a MONTH since I contributed to Laura’s link party?!
Crazy, I know, but let me ASSURE you I have yet to quit my strange eating ways. Nope, I’ve just been hoarding them for a few weeks! I’ll be sharing some amazing oatmeal creations very soon, but as far as today?
Today it’s ALL about the eggs…duh, note the post title! 😉
Hmm, too much? 😉
I woke up with a craving for eggs…and cheese (nothing new) but this time I wanted something a bit different…something sweet! Well, since I just happen to be the proud owner of a log of cranberry goat cheese, it took me all of about 30 seconds to for me to
start drooling on myself come up with a recipe!
Spinach, Walnut, & Cranberry Goat Cheese Breakfast Wrap
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: stovetop steam grill breakfast high fiber high protein cheese eggs #strangebutgood
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 cup, packed fresh baby spinach
- 3 egg whites
- 2-3 tablespoons cranberry goat cheese (or plain goat cheese + 1 tablespoon dried cranberries)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, toasted
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, place spinach in 1 inch of water and cover with plastic wrap allowing a small space on the side to allow steam to escape.
2. Microwave on high for 1 minute, drain, and set aside.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, scramble egg whites and cinnamon adding cheese within the last minute of cooking.
4. Arrange spinach, egg, and toasted walnuts on 1/3 of tortilla
5. Wrap/fold until closed and place on a grill pan (with a plate to serve as weight) on top or use a panini press.
6. Cook on medium heat until you achieve grill marks (flip after a couple of minutes if using grill pan).
7. Slice in half with a knife and serve.
Midway through cooking, I started thinking of Morgan’s breakfast on the run wraps so I couldn’t resist pressing mine panini style. Of course, you can always fix yours as a normal wrap, but I swear, grilling/pressing takes it to a whole new level of YUM!
And jusssssst in case my little sweet and cheesy eggs are straaaaaaange enough for you, I thought I’d share another little egg white creation that happened a couple of weeks ago…
Chocolate eggs in a jar, anyone?
Allow me to explain my thought process here (it DOES actually make sense)…
I FINALLY finished off my jar of cookie butter so OBVIOUSLY I had to have breakfast out of it. I was freezing that morning and all I could think of was getting warm, but I didn’t want oatmeal…I really wanted cereal…but again, I was cold.
Sooooooo I scrambled up some egg whites with cocoa powder and almond milk, threw it in my jar, topped it with cereal and banana, added a bit of almond milk,
and grabbed my spoon!
You say strange…I say
Now hop on over to Sprint to the Table, give Laura a holler and see what kind of strangeness the other gals are getting into this week!
Are you a fan of sweet eggs?
Before you judge…tell me, what’s a crepe?? 😉
Any big plans for the weekend?
Tonight I’m having dinner with my two best friends from high school and Saturday I plan to live it up as best I can before having to go to work on Sunday night…duh duh duuuuuh!