Hidy Ho Broccoli fans! What’s up my peeps?!
Hey you guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys! 😀
Um yeah, so obviously I’m having a bit of a hard time in the intro department…or more specifically, the writing department! Have you noticed I’ve been a little “missing” from blog world lately? Truth be told, I just haven’t been feeling it for the last few weeks. No worries…I don’t plan on going anywhere any time soon (unless I win the lottery and in that case, I’ll be on the FIRST plane to Hawaii or another destination with a ridiculously warm climate), but I may only be popping in and out over the next couple of weeks.
But today, I’m popping IN with some OUT loud thinking!
Okay, so that segue was a bit of a stretch, but go with it. I got behind in my blog reading last week and totally missed Amanda’s very first link party. And well, since I’ve had a girl-crush on her for YEARS now, I’m here today to join in on the fun! Plus it gives me a reason to share a bunch of randomness with you…
1. Like the fact that I believe Amanda has single-handedly created a
monster diva! This past summer, I ventured into Sephora for the very FIRST time and now? Now I’m shrieking like a prepubescent girl at a Bieber concert after getting the latest update on makeup inventory! For the record…totally worth it!
2. I wasn’t sure if I liked the hoop my sister got me for my birthday, but after a couple of weeks, it’s really grown on me. I can’t wear it to work, but that just makes me feel like it comes a new persona…the weekend REBEL Heather! 😉
3. Speaking of weekend, last weekend, the man-friend and I met some friends at Istanbul Cafe. After we polished off a bowl of the creamiest of hummuses (hummi?) and some incredible lentil soup, he and I shared the House Combo which was DELICIOUS…also, I want to bathe in their house-made ranch and tzatziki!
4. I have been SO much more relaxed about food lately. Before Istanbul was mentioned, there was talk of going to Logan’s, Rafferty’s, or a little Italian place down the road and I was completely fine with anything…yeah, the old me would have had to check the online menu first to be sure there were items that I “could” eat without having a freakin’ meltdown.
5. I want to clarify something. I’m afraid that I might have come across a little dramatic in my post last Thursday. While I KNOW it was just a virus and things could have been a LOT worse, I just want you guys to know that what I felt in those hours really reached deep within me…and forced me to come face-to-face with a lot feelings I’ve been suppressing. So I guess what I mean to say is that it was MY rock bottom.
6. Since then, I swear I’ve been a completely different person! I’m making my food choices based on what I want and not thinking twice about it…even if I have had cereal for breakfast every.single.day for the last week. I don’t care; I love it! 😉
7. I prefer hardbacks to paperbacks but I ALWAYS removed the cover before reading so it doesn’t get messed up. Am I the only one who does this? Also, am I the only one who thinks Veronica Roth is a total babe? Oh and by the way, I’m 100 pages in and totally hooked!
8. The last cookie dough Quest bar I ate was the DOUGHIEST most wonderful thing EVER and perhaps even the best thing I’ve eaten this week…since that platter of Turkish deliciousness.
9. Even though I hate clutter and love the cathartic feeling of throwing things away, sometimes I hold on to stuff and I have no idea why, but last week, I couldn’t have been happier that I decided to keep my “souvenir” plastic beer mug from last year’s Oktoberfest because…
10. I used it to catch a frickin’ MOUSE!!!
Holy mother of (*^*%&@^$@! <- My EXACT reaction when I caught the poor little
bastard thing! After the whole traumatizing situation was over, I couldn’t help but laugh at myself for getting all screamy and weak in the knees. And actually, he’s kinda cute! Lol!
What randomness is on YOUR mind today?