Hey hey to all my FIIIIIIINE ladies and gents out there!
It’s Thursday…it’s cold…and my mind is POPPIN’! So let’s hear it for our girl Amanda for giving us all an excuse to let loose and GET LOUD!
1. I swear I will eventually shut up about the weather, but seriously, it was BELOW freezing all last week. This weekend, it got up to nearly 60 degrees (Fahrenheit)…I wore SHORTS to the gym (and this top I forgot I bought when on vacation)! And now, as I draft this post, there are snow flurries blowing around outside. Umm, is it the end of the world? Did I miss the memo?
2. I don’t know if it’s the stress of our impending armageddon, or what, but my face is STILL revolting against me. First it was dry skin, next was an acne flare up (Really? Aren’t I a bit old for that?!), and last night, the skin between my upper and lower lips cracked…OUCH! I don’t know what else to do…coconut oil, exfoliators, facial masks…seriously, this is not helping with my sexiness!
3. I may be hating my skin, but one thing I’m loving? Baby muscles! After all the walking/running/whatever I’ve been doing lately, I looked down yesterday and noticed that my side calf (not to be confused with half CAFF) is like BAM, IN YO’ FACE!
4. Speaking of workouts, remember how I mentioned the new equipment at the gym? Well, I think I’m in love with the lower leg machines. They have little rep AND time counters on them. Oh and we got one that looks a lot like this and omg, it’s awesome!
5. Besides gaining mutant-sized calf muscles, I’ve been FLYING through some pages at the gym lately! I just finished reading the first of the Nora Roberts books that my mom loaned me last week…and I only started it FOUR DAYS ago! Side note: aren’t they gorgeous?
6. I decided to get a book light. Since I have so much trouble in the sleep department, I figured it would help to have less light around me when I’m reading before bed. Turns out the cute little clip-on ends up causing more frustration than its worth…and that tiny LED light freaking blinded me!
7. With all this time spent getting back in touch with my inner bookworm I’ve gotten SO behind on my blogger “responsibilities”. Blog comments, emails, and letters need responses and well, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t purposefully making excuses NOT to open up my blog reader with its 200+ unread posts! 😯 *gulp*
8. Oh and there’s been no time to “waste” in the kitchen either. I basically haven’t eaten anything that takes longer than 5 minutes to “assemble”. Snack plates, tortillas any which way I can wrap ’em, and of course, cereal. Hey, there was a sale annnnnd what can I say, I’m an equal opportunity cereal-killer! 😉
9. While I’m not really complaining about my hodge-podge meals, I feel it doesn’t really help in the food blogger aspect of my life. Baaaaaa-HUT I did manage to whip up something on the fly yesterday that I’ll be sharing tomorrow in my first #strangebutgood link up in like two months. Hmm, January is quickly becoming the month of LONG lost LINK UPS, no?
10. Of course, there HAS been bit of behind-the-scenes blog work. Maybe you’ve noticed the addition of the Glam ads? Yeah, it only took me THREE months to get them up! Ha! I’ve also put on my big girl pants and gotten back to submitting pictures to Foodgawker…I got my feelings hurt after like TEN declinations last March and gave up. Since last week, I’ve submitted nine…only TWO have been accepted. Ugh, are you guys SURE you want photo-tips from me?! 😉
While you ponder that, why don’t you hop on over to Spoons, check out all the other links of randomness today and maybe even leave some of your own in the comment section? As for me, I’m off to find out where I can get a pair of rainbow animal print shorts!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle YEAH! 😉
Well, despite your quick eats, whatever that is in that wrap looks ridiculously good! Looking forward to the recipe. Way to go on getting Glam and Foodgawker set up!
Thank you so much, Sarah! It was definitely a relief to check it off the to-do list!
I’ve been absolutely -horrible- with the cooking lately. If something takes longer than 10 minutes to make, you better believe that I won’t be making it 😆 There’ve definitely been a lot of snack plates, cereal bowls, and mooched leftovers in my life lately. Whatcha gonna do? 😕
And are.you.serious about FG? I definitely find that hard as heck to believe — you take amazing pics! Submitting to them used to stress me out like crazy, but I think I’ve gotten a lot more confident since they’ve been accepting all my stuff lately. What used to get me the most was composition… apparently they don’t like it when you take shots that are too close. And speaking of close ups… whatever those banana things are in that last picture — I want them 😯
Oh yeah, I’ve gotten a lot of declines with the reason “too tight”…what can I say, I like to get up close and PERSONAL with my food! Lol! I think I’ve relaxed a bit more too…I used to take the declinations personally, but now, I just suck it up, take a note, and move on…and submit another round! 😀
Hmm, I’ve really got to get in on the mooching leftovers thing! Only thing is that my parents hardly ever cook either! Ha!
I like how you are shocked with a temperature of 60F, and up here we can’t believe that its as high as ~40!
I was actually scarred for life by book lights when I was around 7, when the one that I had clipped onto my bed fell and burned a hole in my mattress…yep. Haven’t gone near one since. Happy Thursday! 🙂
OMG!!! To both!! I can’t even FATHOM that temperature and…holy CRAP! Burned your bed!?!?! 😯
Girl, I HEAR YOU! I am ready for spring. I’m ready for warmer weather, longer days, and an excuse to drink wine on a patio 😉
Sometimes I too want to be discharged of the blog a little 😉 After WIAW always there are a lot of new links to check. It apart from e-mail and commenting. I wanted to read up everything this morning and already opened sites, but I wanted to shout as soon as I saw all these letters and a photo. I don’t know in what business because in the evening and I sit and I check everything, both I enjoy, and I make comments 😀
Oh I know what you mean, first thing Wednesday morning, I do my best to stay away from blogworld! Even if I’m one of the MILLIONS of linker uppers! Haha!
I should have known that was you when I saw the ping-back at the bottom of Amanda’s post. Clever post title. 2 gold stars.
I don’t even want to say how many posts I’ve let get backed up in my Bloglovin. It’s insane and terrifying.
Ya, I could care less about Foodgawker. I mean, if I got accepted of course I’d be excited. However some of those pictures on there… they just don’t have any life! And yes, I still wants photo tips from the Broccoli.
Woo HOO!!! Today, golden stars…tomorrow, GOLDEN GLOBES!!!! 😉
And omg, I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to know I’m not the only one cowering in the corner when I think of opening my reader!
I have to say, your posts always make me giggle. Literally giggle like a school girl! Congratulations on your calf gains. That’s a big deal to see muscle definition so YAY!!
Don’t worry about Foodgawker…just keep doin what you do! Your pics look awesome!
Your post has forced me to be a little exclamation point crazy!! haha 🙂
Haha! I love it!! Bring on the EXCLAMATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
And thank you, Diana! You are SO sweet!…!!!!!!!!!!!! <- 😆
Seriously, Spring….is it coming yet? That’d be nice.
And that’s crazy that Food Gawker doesn’t accept a lot of your photos! I’m still chomping at the bit for tips 😉
That chocolate-drizzled tortilla… Ahh! I’m currently living in a chocolate-less wasteland, and it’s horrible. I have absolutely NO chocolate (or ANY sweets) in my whole apartment. I wasn’t craving any when I went shopping this week, so I didn’t buy any. Good move, Carly. Nice.
A while ago, I randomly submitted a picture to Food Gawker and it got accepted, so I thought it was super easy! Then I kept trying to submit more and more and more, and they all got rejected. Damn.
Yep, that’s pretty much how it went for my first submission too…beginners luck had me FOOLED! Ha!
NO CHOCOLATE?! You mean to tell me that you totally polished off that entire counter of Vosges already?!?! Lol
OMG, can we talk about skin for a moment? I thought breakouts were supposed to end when we turned 20… or at least 25, right? Apparently I was completely wrong! I swear my skin goes from super dry to looking like a pizza overnight. Get with it hormones!
Oh thank GOD!! I was starting to think I was some sort of freak of nature or something! I hate to hear it, but I have to say it feels good to know I’m not alone! Let me know if you find any sort of “miracle” creams out there that won’t cost me my left kidney! 😉
That wrap looks amazing!
I have to admit, I’ve never read a Nora Roberts book!
From what I hear, that’s a really good acceptance rate! I’m going to start sending in my iPhone photography. LOL!
Can’t wait for your recipe tomorrow!
Party Rock! Love it… aren’t you in the south? it’s snowing? it is armageddon!
Really though, I love your blog. I love the craziness, the recipes, everything!
Great work. 🙂
Haha! I know, right? Thank you so much, Kim!! You are TOO sweet! I’m seriously grinning ear-to-ear right now! 😀
I need to know EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT BANANA WRAP. I need to know its every ingredient. NOW!!
If your photos get rejected from FoodGawker then I don’t know if I want to go onto that site for fear that the beauty of those that do get rejected is other-wordly. What I’m trying to say is your photos are incredible so I can’t imagine how they’d be rejected for something else!
I completely thought that this title said “I’m Sexy And I Know It” the first few times I read it. Man, LMFAO really is in my head.
I cannot read “real books” at the gym; I read those at work on my lunch break, and in bed. Magazines are my gym go-to!
Awww, thank you Caitlin!! You are so sweet and this comment really just made my day! 😀 And I see that you saw Friday’s post…I hope you find every bit of Heaven in that wrap! 😉
Our weather here has been bonkers…but like 80 degrees bonkers. It just doesn’t make any sense at all to me. I HATE IT!! I want my winter 🙁 That being said, my morning run this morning was done in the rain. Well, technically it was an ash rain from the nearby forest fire (ya, probably not the healthiest thing, but Ive done worse!).
And calves are literally the ONE muscle I don’t work. Just check out any soccer player and you will see way. Our calves are literally banana-balls. Just be poppin all the time!
Banana balls, huh? Oh girl, you crack me up! And wow, ash rain? You are hardcore, hon! 😉
We just got my mom an LED book light for her birthday because when she stays at my grandparents house to help them at night she doesn’t really get any sleep, and she could never read because my grandma would call to her if the light was on. I was nervous that she wouldn’t like the brightness of it either, but my dad really wanted to get it. Surprisingly my mom loves it! I guess some of us are just more sensitive to those. Like when they’re in headlights? Omg I actually lose sight for about ten seconds after those cars pass.
Oh yeah, me too! I’m thinking I might try getting another one that has a better angling arm on it…or I did see one that had TWO lights for each page…maybe that would work!
The weather is hormonal here too… can’t it just be spring already??
I haven’t been spending much time in the kitchen lately either. It’s just been way too busy around here! I’m hoping to find some time to do some cooking on Sunday though. Maybe. My weekend is already jam packed! 😛
I highly recommend the Bride Quartet series by Nora Roberts! I couldn’t put them down!
You are the SECOND person to mention that series! Thank you! It is definitely on the list! 😀
I swear, I love your personality. You’re so vibrant. 🙂
I am jealous on being able to read so much.. I wish I had the down time to do so. (They books do look gorgeous. 😉 )
That tortilla picture you mentioned.. looks…. perfect.
Good luck on the food photos! They’re amazing! 😀
Thank you, Natalie! This comment just made me smile SO much! 😀 <- See? Like THAT! Lol
Oh heeeeeeeey old friend!!!
How ya been? I’ve been a bad blog friend lately and I’m sorry. I haven’t had time to read/comment on peoples blogs. 🙁
I miss you! I want that fun breakfast tortilla thing in my face right now!
Awww, hey haaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Don’t feel bad, I’ve been a super slacker too! But I still love your face! 🙂
Fookgawker have no idea what their seeing if they decline you seriously. Lol, sorry this is the fourth comment in a row where I bring up your photography. I swear I’m not obsessed with it…okay well mildly.
NICE job on the baby muscles- and the reading at the gym!! I’ve almost finished a book too just by using the stairmaster for some casual cardio.
Aww, thank you Arman! I’m happy to report that after MANY persistence, they’ve accepted another SEVEN pictures! I may or may not have done a happy dance after each one! 😉
I’M READING THOSE BOOKS RIGHT NOW!! Move on to the Bride Quartet.. they are even better!!
No way! I’m already halfway done with the second book and I only started it a couple days ago…this series has been great for my self-esteem when it comes to my normally slooooooooooooow paced reading! Bride Quartet…NOTED! 😀
So cooking and blog reading haven’t been priorities…you did get the Glam stuff up and running and that’s huge. Getting to the gym is no small accomplishment either. By the way, Food Gawker is a bunch of idiots; you are more than qualified to give out photo tips. Hell I even put one to use yesterday: I photographed my bread in my cashmere sweater so be on the lookout for the dry cleaning bill. 😉
Dang girl! Well, at least it was bread and not something like tomato-based soup..now THAT would be tempting fate! Lol! And I’m proud to announce that after another few days of submitting, submitting, and SUBMITTING, another SEVEN of my food photos have DOMINATED Foodgawker’s pages! Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaa! *snaps whip* 😉
Snaps whip is right! Get it girl!!
Pingback: Music Monday: Spilling It! |
ermergerd: C is for Cereal?!
Ugh … I’m wondering if we seriously are in for Armageddon. Weather everywhere is going crazy.
Pingback: Januar-ily |