I think we all learned our lesson last week…Thursdays and intros do not mix!
So instead of taking up 75 words to ask you how the weather’s been which leads to me salivating over imaginary handfuls of buttered popcorn jelly beans, how about we just get to the thinking…
Out LOUD that is! 😉
1. Ok, so I have to ask…is anyone else stuck in some sort of alternate winter-is-
coming-never-ending universe?? Because after this past weekend of 70F(21C) and 80F(27C) degree days, I had to scrape ICE off my mother-freaking windshield when I left work on Tuesday…what the hell?!
2. I think I need to carry myself to the candy store in the mall to help perk my spirits up a bit…because obviously that is the ONLY way Heather will be enjoying the flavor of deliciously buttered popcorn! #fail
3. And speaking of fail…remember those kiddie cereals I just could NOT resist when I spotted a sale back in January? Well, I Cracked into the C is for Cereal box yesterday, ready for some banana-flavored crunchy goodness….
Except it was more like T is for TASTES LIKE FREAKING A$$!
Banana? Where?! Because all I tasted was stale cardboard ass-ness…assuming boxes had asses, I’m most definitely sure that this is what they would taste like. Good thing it was only a buck fifty since the entire box went in the TRASH!
4. Luckily I cured my craving for banana with a new favorite snack…banana chips! I accidentally grabbed UNsweetened banana chips at the farmer’s market in ATL and upon first taste, thought about tossing them since they tasted like styrofoam, but then Sarah saved the day by posting this recipe…which I had EVERY intention of making…until I started dipping the little bastards in peanut butter and ending up eating the entire two bags in two days! Oops?
5. You know what’s a good meal to get you back on track after you clog up your system with peanut butter coated styrofoam? EGGS! 😀
6. AND white sweet potatoes topped with avocado and peach salsa and and AND a side of roasted broccoli…aka, my NEW FAVORITE DINNER! I seriously ate this two days in a row and if I wasn’t out of sweet potatoes, I’d have gone for three…especially since post pic, all that stuff got mixed together into the most amazing sweet and savory don’t-even-ask-me-what-this-looks-like-on-my-plate goodness! 😉
God, it’s good to have eggs again!
7. Oh and a word on those words I talked about putting together…you know to form a post…about my time on the cleanse…yeah, obviously that didn’t happen this week, but I DO still plan on writing something…especially since a few of you showed some interest. Bear with me!
8. Maybe you’ve noticed that I haven’t been posting as often? Well, I didn’t want to officially “announce” it on the blog, but I’m experimenting a bit with some of the (self-created) stressors in my life. I actually thought about taking this month off from blogging, but I figured if I just scaled back some (3 days a week instead of 4-5), I could find a better balance between life and blogging…and maybe get rid of this damn writer’s block!
9. Which I think may be already working! When I sat down to type up yesterday’s post, my fingers could barely keep up with my mind and I basically had the entire thing written in less than an hour…UNHEARD of for me! I’d like to think I was powered by chia! 😆
10. So I titled this post after I realized I was throwing around my signature sailor language quite a bit. Then I realized I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to share some music…’cause well, you guys know how I like to FUCKING sing!
Truth be told this video kinda makes me dizzy, but it’s really cute!
Big thanks to Amanda for giving me an excuse to throw word vomit all over the blog on a weekly basis! Be sure to head on over to Spoons and check out all the other bits of randomness today!
What fails have you had recently?
Bonus points if you dish out some sailor language…or if that’s not your thing, just
talk to me in Pirate!
Hope ye have a plunderin’ gud weekend, mateys! 😉
I can’t stop laughing about the cereal!
I may or may not have called my dog a choice name at the park yesterday. There may have been children near. That name may have involved the letter f … In my defense, he was eating goose poop!
Hmmm, can’t say I blame ya there…though I guess it’s better than it was poop and not a GOOSE he was eating! Lol
you do NOT want to invite my sailor language onto this blog…most likely would go to spam anyway. I made biscuits yesterday that game out like english muffins. I guess that isn’t much of a fail. I did have a few weeks of major failures but that was because I got on a protein powder kick and nothing works well with protein powders…And just for saying this I am going to have an epic fail today. FUCK. MY. LIFE.
Haha that’s awful about the cereal! Current fail: my meetings at school have been cancelled twice this week. After I bought the bus tickets. If they don’t let me exchange the one for today for when I need to go up next week, I’m out about $70. Fuckmylife. (/rant) (I was just going to put FML, but since you asked for cursing, I made sure to include it 😉
Are you KIDDING me?! Omg, seriously…whoever’s in charge of planning/cancelling these meetings needs to have a fist in their face…or at least write you a check! I hope you got your money, honey! Oh snap…I rhymed! Lol
Good thing this here reader o’ yers is always thinkin’ in pirate jargon. I still sometimes hate hate hate throwing out a whole box of food because it tastes bad. When I was over-thinking every bite of stupid food, I would make myself eat the disappointing bastard anyway. But now I just hurl it into the bin while swearing up a storm: quite a liberating activity, actually. Be gone, dreadful cereal! Into Davy Jones’s Dumpster with ye!
I like your sailor language. Expletives and exclamations while I’m searching for food inspiration make food-funks easier to bear.
Hahaha! Omg, LOVE it! You just made my day with this comment, girlie! And FUCK YEAH to the liberating feeling of chucking food that tastes like ass! I used to be the same way…long gone are those days! Woo! Or should I say “Arrrrr!”? 😉
Current fail? This effin snow! (autocorrect just changed that to elfin 😯 ) I thought we were done with winter, but it’s been snowing for the past 3 days. And if that wasn’t bad enough, then the fact that there’s been no sun is just nails in the coffin. Ugh. This gives me the sads big time. I just want to lay down and nap… And what is it about nut butter that makes everything edible? I can’t even tell you how many baking fails AB has saved from the trash can, and while I’ve never tried smearing it on actual cardboard, I have a feeling it would be edible. Maybe.
Oh honey!! If I could give you some of the sunshine we’ve had lately, I totally would! Though…it might be there now since it’s been rainy and stormy all week! I’d normally complain about such things, baaaaa-ut, I’ve been sleeping like a baaaaaby! 😀
Nut butter + cardboard = strange but good contender? Lol
Fuck fuckity fuck fuck.
That song fucking rocks.
The fucking end.
Hahaha! I….fucking…LOVE…you! xoxo
Banana is always a hit or miss flavor for me. Sometimes I love it, like bluebell banana ice cream but when it’s fake banana flavor it’s possibly the worst thing you could eat. I hope your stress calms down some soon, I am only blogging once weekly this month due to school/work stress.
I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to take away some of the stress and pressure to blog every.single.freaking.day. Blogging 4-5 days a week has been a MUCH better balance for me. Some weeks I know that might be too much and I’ll accept it for what it is and just do what feels right.
Hahaha I hate when you open something all excited and it tastes like ass. Also that is one of my favorite songs and Lily Allen is my favorite. I literally texted my bf the other day to talk about how mesmerizing she is hahaha
She is pretty fucking amazing, isn’t she? I also love her song Hard Out There…it’s on my workout playlist! Ha!
Ha, thanks for the heads up on that cereal. I may be cutting back on my posts as well. I’ve been rushing them lately. Quality over quantity, eh? Or should I say, arrrr?
Arrrrr! Haha, love it! And yes, that’s how I see it…no need to force the words if they just won’t come. I’d rather wait a few days until I feel like I can barely type fast enough to keep up with my mind!
Sorry about the cereal fail 🙁 Ive actually found that most kid’s cereal are the bomb.Com, but I’m pretty sure that’s to all that wonderful added sugar. O-well, I’m a fan non-the-less!
And I love blogging, but I definitely have been hitting a wall lately in terms of writing. But that could be because my life has been crazyyyyy as of late!
Yeah, that’s probably why this one tasted like poo…it was more of a toddler type cereal with minimal sugar. Lesson learned…next time go for the Fruitty Pebbles…aka colored sugar flakes! Lol
Hope life has calmed down a bit for ya, babe! I’m super behind in my blog reading, but I will be catching up with you soon! xoxo
That cereal picture, yikes! What a let down.
I am a cinnamon toast crunch girl, but miss it now being GF.
Ugh we got freezing cold weather here this week too! Luckily it’s on the upswing now… at least I hope. The way things have been going, we’ll probably get snow in July! 😛
How you liking blogging less? Sometimes I feel like I’m really out of the loop now but honestly I don’t think I’ll go back to posting more than 2-3x a week – it’s way too darn stressful!
I have to say I really like it! I can definitely tell a difference in my overall attitude/stress level…I honestly don’t even know HOW I used to post every single day when I first started blogging! Now if we could just get everyone else on this 2-3 day a week posting schedule, mayyyyyybe I wouldn’t be so far behind in my reader! Lol
I have that EXACT dinner (potato, egg, broccoli) very often, haha! Although I like to make it into an omelet type deal. My most recent fail would be… late last night I was studying and I heated up some leftover pizza under the broiler, took it out, plated it, went downstairs to feed the cat, went back to studying and FORGOT ABOUT MY PIZZA until this morning!! My boyfriend was out for a friends birthday and when he got home he thought I’d made it for him and said “well thanks but it was cold”. It was my effing pizza. Damn. 🙁
Oh noooooo! Haha! #epicfoodiefail But the bright side? At least you didn’t forget about it BEFORE you took it out of the oven! 😯
Oh boy Heather you are hilarious! I never heard that song before, I am going to have to check that fucking shit out ;). And that cereal… good thing I didn’t get it for my mom, she loves Cookie monster, haha! I love to add any organic pizza sauce to my eggs and also have broccoli with it, it’s soooooo good! Maybe I’ll try some salsa on it because it looks good!
Haha! FUCK yeah! Pizza sauce and eggs? Genius! I’m also thinking some cheese needs to be involved…YUM!! 😀
Pirate Limerick (to be said in an Irish brogue):
There once was a pirate wench,
who omitted such a stench.
From her nether regions
or a change in seasons.
Her legs, she really should clench.
Point for wench, point for nether regions, point for innovation. 5 point deduction for failure to use the work fuck. 😛
Well fuck that. I demand a recount.
I get bonus points for being incredibly naughty without the use of the word fuck.
Megan! Dropping all those f-bombs on Easter… you should be ashamed. 😉
Bahahahaha! Omg, girl…you’re KILLING me!! Thanks, I needed that belly laugh! 😉
Don’t fucking swear. It’s rude.
Hi my friend. That selfie is amazing. Stupid cookie monster. I am actually contemplating a blogger break myself….or at least cutting down to posting 4 times a week instead of 6. Yeah, 6. The strange this is, being in a job rotation I despise, it’s my creative and mental outlet. Tough balance.
Oh that dinner. I nearly got excited when I read WHITE but then got baffled when it said SWEET after it.
Haha! Well I have actually been craving some good ol’ white spuds so I’ll be sure to snap a pic JUST for you, m’dear!
And I’m gonna be honest with you here…I would freaking LOVE it if you scaled back on posting. I love reading all your posts, but I definitely get overwhelmed when I miss a few days (read: a whole WEEK!). 😯 But then I totally understand about the outlet thing…in the end, you just gotta do what’s best for YOU! And I’ll figure out how to catch up in the meantime! 😉
Yea, I’m dying at the cereal too. I took the pressure off of blogging/commenting on blogs about a year ago and it’s made the entire experience SO much better!!
I just ate a whole damn fucking Lindt Easter Bunny (about 1 whole board of chocolate) in one sitting!! Fail? No. BUT I bought a breadroll for breakfast this morning at the freaking rest stop on the way to the Swiss Alps and it was from YESTERDAY – I almost bit out my teeth! Fuck and gimme my money back!!
Oh, and cardboard food – seriously, WHO is taste testing this shit before it goes to the market? Are these marketing people having some kind of dull tastebuds – or maybe none at all??
Hahaha! Best foodie rant EVER! I’ll be sure to get your trophy coated in chocolate! 😉
Pingback: Thinking Out Loud: Feelin’ Hot Hot Hot! |