I hope you all had a great Friday! Welcome to the weekend! Hope you don’t mind, but I got started a bit early!
I woke up this morning to Tiger staring me in the face. Who needs kids when you have a hungry cat on a time clock?! After a bit of fiddling around in the kitchen trying to figure out what I was going to eat, I remembered my bookmark for Katie’s famous Breakfast Pizzert and decided today would be the day I jumped on the pizzert bandwagon!
Gingerbread Breakfast Pizzert: (serves
2 1 hungry Heather)
Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour (I totally thought I grabbed the WW flour!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
1. Mix all ingredients together (my batter was a bit thick so I added about 1 tablespoon more of water).
2. Pour into a greased pie plate.
3. Bake in an UN-preheated oven at 42o degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Slice and add desired toppings.
My Pizzert Toppings: Drizzle of molasses, chopped pecans, coconut cream, and shredded unsweetened coconut
Katie, you are a GENIUS! Absolute Heaven! There was no way I was stopping at two slices so I guess I should just come right out and say it:
can’t CAN believe I ate the WHOLLLLLLLLE thing!”
My upper body workout for Team HEAB this afternoon ended up giving me quite the energy boost! One minute I’m finishing up with some plank ups and the next minute I’m mopping the kitchen floor while dancing to That’s Not My Name by The Ting Tings! Love Pandora radio!
After I finished with my
dance-athon cleaning, I started to get a little hungry. Surprisingly it had been 5 hours since breakfast! Way to go filling Breakfast Pizzert!
Lunch was left-over Sweet P Pizza topped with some of this creamy deliciousness:
The rest of the afternoon was spent experimenting in the kitchen! I saw Kayla make a batch of wonderful sugar-free peanut butter cookies and it got my gears turning. Still needs more research, but how about one little sneak peek?
After about 5 cookies (for mere research purposes) I thought it would be a good time to shift my experiments over to dinner. Since my awesome quino-WHOA bowl the other day, I have been having some serious quinoa cravings which inspired tonight’s meal.
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (or Portobellos): (serves 2)
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 celery ribs, diced (I actually used broccoli ends and stems that I grated in the Magic Bullet)
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoke paprika
- Pepper to taste
- 2 medium-sized bell peppers or 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- Shredded mozzarella Daiya cheese for topping
1. Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a small saucepan and add quinoa. Reduce to a simmer, cover and allow quinoa to cook for 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, saute your veggies in the oil until tender and fragrant, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Add in beans, cooked quinoa, and spices and stir to combine.
4. Cut pepper in half from stem to end and scoop out seed and ribs. If using portobellos, use a spoon to scrape the gills from the inside of the mushroom.
5. Fill peppers/mushrooms with quinoa stuffing.
6. Place in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
7. Remove foil, add cheese and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
While dinner was cooking/cooling I made one of these guys:
I just followed Ashley instructions and in less than an hour I had my very own lightbox. Only had one little accident! Whoops!
And of course you all know what happens next…it’s photo shoot time!
It was so incredibly easily to make this lightbox! I can’t believe I’ve put it off for so long! I’m excited about trying out different color backgrounds and dishes and seeing how it all comes together!
I’m out! “See” you guys tomorrow!