Hello faithful readers, newbies, and lurkers! How was your Sunday?
We had another day of BEA-Utiful weather! I think the temperature got up to 58 degrees! I went with a friend and her pooch to one of our local walking trails and walked for four miles. It’s been a while since we’ve hung out so it was great to finally catch up.
I couldn’t believe how crowded it was at the park. The whole parking lot was full and people were parking on the grass and up the side of the road that enters into the park. I guess everybody wanted to take advantage of this “taste of Spring” before the snow bears its ugly head again. Yes, you heard me right…they’re calling for snow AGAIN on Tuesday! Will Winter ever end?!
frolicking walk in the sunshine, I started the day out right…with some pancakes of course! I woke up this morning with brownie on the brain which meant there was only one option for pancakes…CHOCOLATE!
Chocolate Pancakes with Honey Peanut Sauce: (serves 1)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (I used Egg Beaters)
- 1 tablespoon natural applesauce
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- sweetener to taste (I used about 4 drops of vanilla stevia)
- 1 oz dark chocolate bar, chopped into bits
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour batter into a greased skillet over medium heat (I made 3 medium-sized cakes)
3. Cook pancakes until the edges start to pull away from the skillet (about 4-5 minutes) and then flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Honey Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons peanut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or you could use water) until thinned to your desired consistency
After my walk, I came home with an appetite! I couldn’t help but think back to yesterday’s mouth-watering lunch, but I couldn’t bore you guys with the same thing as yesterday, so…I made a “deconstructed” panini!
My “deconstructed” panini bowl consisted of 1/2 cup quinoa mixed with 1/2 cup diced tomatoes and a HUGE handful of spinach…ok, maybe 2 handfuls, Mama Pea’s Smoky Chipotle Zucchini Hummus and topped with crushed Red Hot Blues tortilla chips and smoked paprika!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go drown my sorrows…
I swear, Teddy and his livestock friends jumped in there ALL by themselves!
Tell me, what would you top your brownie sundae with?