Hey hey hey and Happy Hump Day!
Today was another B-E-A-Utiful day outside which was of course another day spent trapped inside four walls! I’m so hoping this weather continues over the weekend so I can actually enjoy it!
It’s Wednesday folks…you know what that means! It’s time for another What I Ate Wednesday!
I’m so excited to share my breakfast with you guys! In the spirit of all things quick, easy, and of the overnight variety, I tried something a little different for my morning bowl!
“Wonderbowl” Groats and a cup of Joe (unpictured)
This bowl of oats had the PERFECT consistency! I love the chew factor and with a good ol’ spoonful of peanut butter and fresh fruit on top, I was in HEAVEN!
“Wonderbowl” Raw Oat Groats
Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus 15 minutes
Cook Time: Overnight
Keywords: raw blender breakfast dairy-free
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/2 cup oat groats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- sweetener if desired
- Toppings: spoonful of PB&Co. White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter, strawberries, and blueberries
1. Combine oat groats, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and water in a bowl, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
2. In the morning, transfer mixture to a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Once the groats are processed, stir in chia seeds and allow it to set for about 10-15 minutes to absorb the liquid.
4. Top with nut butter and fresh fruit!
Lunch was tasty I’m sure…what little bit I actually tasted! We were crazy busy at work today so this was thrown down in approximately 12 minutes!
Salad: Spinach, mini peps, carrots, portobellas, and corn topped with 2% cottage cheese + pepper and a Trader Joe’s Veggie Masala Burger on a whole wheat English Muffin.
Post Workout Snack: (5:00pm)
Lundberg Rice Cake topped with dark chocolate almond butter,
1/2 a banana and cinnamon
Textersation with my sis earlier today:
Tricky Tempeh Taco Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Keywords: saute entree high fiber high protein dairy-free vegetarian vegan tempeh
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 package tempeh, crumbled
- 2/3 cup corn (canned or thawed from frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite taco seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salad ingredients: crumbled tortilla chips, lettuce, dairy-free cheese, salsa, and fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat, add oil, and allow to come to temperature.
2. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent (4-5 minutes).
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
5. Build your taco salad with tortilla chips, lettuce, cheese, and salsa, and top with fresh chopped cilantro
I sat at the table and listened to my sister mmm’ing and ahh’ing. I waited until she had cleaned her plate, then asked what she thought of dinner.
“It was soooo good!” she answered.
I said, “Oh, so you couldn’t taste the tofu?” *insert evil grin*
She couldn’t believe it, nor could she believe she had just had dairy-free cheese! Lol! Another convert in the making! 😉
Well, I’m off to finish up Whip It and munch on some juicy green grapes with the sis!
Have you ever tried oat groats?
Have you ever tricked someone into eating tofu? How did it go?