So, you know how you get really REALLY excited about something and your heart is racing and it feels like you have butterflies in your stomach?
How about the feeling you get when you’ve got the biggest belly fully of flutters and then you see a big
Today, I was high as a kite…until I saw my “butt”…
Me: I’m so excited about moving tomorrow! I’m all packed up and ready to go!
Realtor: Um, *clears throat*…BUTT!
Well folks, looks like all of you who signed up to help tomorrow are just going to have to wait until…WEDNESDAY!
At first I was a little upset and obviously frustrated, butt after a little time to think about it, I am seeing the silver lining…the belt to the plumber’s pants if you will! 😉
Although I have another 5 days left in the old house with mere crumbs and lint left to eat in the kitchen, I do have time to:
- Collect more boxes from work (stock comes in tomorrow)
- Pack up what’s left of the house without losing my mind
- Relax a bit so I’m not a total spaz on the NEW Move Day
Now, about that whole crumbs and lint left in the kitchen thing…
I had planned to post a pic loaded post of some of the combos I’ve mixed up this last couple of weeks during the Clean Out the Fridge/Pantry Challenge…butt it looks like now I’m really going to have to push up my sleeves in the creativity department…I am out of EVERYTHING!!
Howabout a little preview?
Obviously, today was all about the butt…
Butternut, that is!
And of course you know I had to sprinkle it with a little CRACK!
The squash taste was mellow, but it was still there and tasted great with the creamy melty cheese and a little kick from the salsa!
After reading a comment on yesterday’s post from the lovely Spabettie, I knew exactly what I was having for dinner tonight!
Aduki Bean Burger: (serves 2)
If you don’t have aduki (adzuki) beans, black-eyed peas would be a great substitution!
- 1/2 cup cooked aduki (or adzuki) beans
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- Spices: 1/8 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika
1. Place beans in a bowl and mash with a fork.
2. Combine all ingredients along with beans and mix together with a spoon or your God- given master utensil: your hands!
3. Form into two patties and cook over medium-high heat until browned on each side (about 4-5 minutes per side)
Butternut Cheeze: 2 tablespoons butternut squash puree +
1 tablespoon nooch (nutritional yeast flakes)
S&P to taste
Seriously you guys, this was one of those things that after the first bite, you mutter “Ohmifffguffffness”! So flippin fantastic! Perfect combo of flavors!
What butt has gotten in your way lately and how did you “tighten the belt”?
PS, Thank you guys for all the get well wishes yesterday! I’m hoping all the meds/tea/vitamins will start working their magic soon!