You know when you have that friend that goes out and finds herself a boyfriend and then totally ignores all of her friends after that?
Well, I am totally guilty of being THAT girl for the past few days!
The REAL question is…how much did you guys miss me??
But no seriously, I guess since I went “Facebook public” with it the other day, I guess it’s the perfect time to introduce to you guys who’s responsible for whisking me away from the blog the last few days.
Sorry ladies, but sadly BB doesn’t have any brothers 😉
And just in time for Pancake Sunday, I walked into the kitchen this morning with motivation to make some pancakes for my vegetable-lovin’ man.
But not just any pancakes…
With the weather getting colder, and the neighborhood full of houses decked with icicle lights, I knew it was time for a good solid recipe that screamed Christmas!
Gingerbread Cookie Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast ginger whole wheat pastry flour Pancake Sunday Christmas fall winter
Ingredients (Serves 2)*
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites), whisked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, leavening ingredients, and spices and mix with a wire whisk to blend together evenly.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, butter, vanilla, molasses, and brown sugar and whisk until smooth.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until flour is incorporated.
5. Spoon batter onto skillet using an 1/8 cup measuring cup to form 12 “cookie-sized” pancakes.
6. Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown with crisp edges.
What is one dish that just screams Christmas to you?
Love you guys!!
Peace, Love, and Sprinkles!