Last year I really really wanted to find a new tree during the after Christmas Day sales, but sadly they were all snatched up before I could get out. 🙁
This time was going to be different. I was on a mission. 6:30AM, I was ready to hit the stores, but first, a little pre-shopping mission snack:
Wal-Mart, Khol’s, K-Mart, and Target…no luck.
Sears, Belk, and Dillards…still no luck.
And then…at JC Penny, I spotted “The One!”
Regular Price= $299.99
Sale Discount= -225.00
Haggling Discount= -7.50
In-store Coupon= -10.00
I got the sale price (75% off) and I haggled a bit and got an additional 10% off since it was the last one and the display. The store coupon deal was a surprise, I had no idea! It all worked out to a grand total of $57.49 Plus tax! Can you say saaaaaaaaaaweet?!
But that’s not the only deal I got today! Check it out!
I lurve my cute little penguin soap dispenser!
After all my shopping, I headed home to make a real breakfast.
Cinnamon Oat Pancakes:
Inspired by Kath’s Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of vanilla
1. Combine oats and egg whites and let set in bowl for about 5 minutes to soften oats. If you use quick-cooking oats you can skip this step.
2. Add in the rest of ingredients and mix in a blender until you have a smooth batter.
3. Form two pancakes in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
Cinnamon Apple Topping:
- 1 small apple of choice (I used a Gala from my Christmas stocking!)
- 1 Tbsp agave
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Chop apple into bite sized pieces (no need to peel)
2.Heat in a sauce man, stirring occasionally until apples are tender.
Don’t know if you can see it, but there is also a dollop of maple walnut butter hiding under those warm delicious apples!
Did any of you guys hit up the after Christmas sales? Get any sweet deals?