Halo peeps! I’m back! As in I am back to my broccoli loving, spinach eating, nut butter fantasizing, normal self! Ahhh, feels so good…it’s like when Austin Powers got his mojo back! Yes, we have the same last name…no we’re not related! C’mon, he’s a fictional character, duh!
I was hoping that the first day back with my “mojo” would have something spectacular happen so I could tell you guys all about it, but sadly it was just an ordinary day at the hospi!
So as not to leave you high and dry tonight, I’d like to share with you guys my latest award, given to me by the cookie making queen Nicole of Cookies & Carrots!
1. Link the person who awarded you.
2. Post 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers.
I know I’ve technically already done a “7 random facts” post, but who cares! Plus, I know how much I love learning more about my favorite blogger friends so hopefully this will entertain you guys too!
1. When I entered college, I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do. I claimed an undecided major until the end of my sophomore year, when I started feeling the pressure to make a decision. I realized at this point that if I didn’t figure it out soon, I was going to have to be in school longer than 4 years…yeah, not cool! So, I flipped through my college’s book of majors/minors and saw x-ray. I thought, “How hard could it be to can take pictures of people’s bones! I could do that!” Long story short, it is much more involved but it was the BEST lazy girl decision I’ve ever made! I love my job!
2. Right after high school and all throughout college, I had a job at GNC (General Nutrition Centers). Working there 1.) helped me pay for college without having to take out more than one student loan and 2.) basically formed my passion for healthy living and eating.
3. I got my first job when I was 15 years old. I worked at a mom & pop sort of diner as a waitress for 2 bucks an hour + tips. I was also in charge of making pizzas and ice cream treats and I always ate for free!
4. I was in no way a healthy eater growing up. I didn’t know the first thing about nutrition and subsisted off pop-tarts, pizza, and my all time favorite adolescent snack: chips and salsa.
5. My snack love was so great that one year for Christmas my mom and dad got me a jumbo size bag of chips and multiple jars of salsa as one of my gifts!
6. I was in the drama club in high school and once played Daphne in a recreation of a Fraiser episode. Oh yeah, I’ve got that fake British accent goin on!
7. I grew up in one of those small towns where the high school homecoming game is a city-wide affair. When they first brought a Taco Bell/KFC to my hometown, the police department had to direct traffic for weeks!
Ok, so there you have it! Some random facts about moi! Hope you liked! And now for the 7 lucky winners:
1. Marie of The Quarter Life Quandry
2. Matt of The Athlete’s Plate
3. Kate of What Kate is Cooking
4. Emilia of Namaste Gurl
5. Lee of In My Tummy…and On My Mind
6. Chelsea of Clean Eating Chelsea
7. Katie of Chocolate Covered Katie
Oh, don’t worry, I would leave you without any foodie pics to drool over…scroll down!
Slap ’em together and what have you got? A freaking amazing sandwich that’s what! Special thanks to Caitlin over at The Permanent Life for the idea!
This sammie was enjoyed this morning alongside a HUGE green smoothie in a bowl.
Clean-Out-the-Freezer Smoothie in a Bowl: (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 BIG handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1 frozen mandarin orange
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- splash of vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum (the KEY to making your smoothie spoonable!)
Combine all ingredients in a blender (or push your little Magic Bullet to its limits like I did) and blend, blend, blend! I also topped mine with a little handful of Kashi Go Lean for a little crunch!
I have to say that until reading through all of your comments from yesterday’s post, I had no idea what in the world I was going to make for dinner! So this is for all my quesadilla lovers out there! Thanks for the inspiration!
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned peppers
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Daiya cheddar
- cilantro to taste
1. Saute onions in a small skillet until translucent.
2. Stir diced pepper, adobo sauce, and seasoning into refried beans.
3. Layer tortilla with beans, sauteed onions, cheese, and cilantro.
4. Top with other tortilla and grill (I used my grill pan on the stove-top) until warmed through and tortilla gets signature grill marks.
Hope that was enough to rile up your taste buds! 😉 See ya back here tomorrow for What I Ate Wednesday!
What is one random fact about you? I love learning things about you guys…entertain me!