Hey guys and gals! Hope you are all having a great weekend so far! After reading all the comments on yesterday’s post, I see I’m not the only one who’s so easily amused by things…so, I thought y’all would enjoy this spam message I found in my comment inbox today:
Spam messages kill me, but this one tops them all!
Anywho! I had quite a workout earlier today…I’ve been trying hard to strengthen my upper body, so today I incorporated something new…weighted grocery bag bicep curls!
This afternoon, I headed to Nashville to meet a good friend for lunch. Annnnd well, you know how it is…
Trip to Nashville = Grocery Shopping Extravaganza!*
*otherwise known as a Whole Food’s and Trader Joe’s run, but you guys no I can’t contain my excitement! 😉
So I packed the necessities, and made my way to the land of
milk and honey wild-caught fish and organic coffee!
First: Trader Joe’s!
- Horseradish Hummus*
- Bread ‘n Buttah Pickles
- Coconut Milk
- Sweet & Spicy Mustard
- Big ol’ Pretzels (I totally bought the pretzels to go with the mustard…not the other way around!) 😉
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Organic Fair Trade Coffee
- Instant De-caf Coffee
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup (the only syrup that should EVER touch a pancake!)
- Roasted Crunchy Almond Butter with Flax
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Dried Turkish Figs
- Tempeh x 2
- 2 Pure Bars (new to me)
- and my favorite (chocolate peppermint stick) Luna Bar!
I shall call him “Guido”!
Hmm, now that I have Frankie G. and Guido, maybe I should look into a pet cow so I can make my own mozzarella! Everybody come over to Heather’s for a Margherita pizza party!
Next up: Whole Foods:
- Mucho Macho Pasta Sauce (proof that sampling really does work!)
- Organic Canned Pumpkin (I am fully aware that this is not going to even hold a candle to good ol’ Libby’s but I can’t take the pumpkin deprivation any longer!)
- Organic Figs
- Semolina Linguine
- Kashi Go Lean (on sale for $2.99!)
- Tri-color Shells
- Bulk Nooch and Whole Wheat Pastry Flour hiding in the back
- Raw Sugar
- Organic Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Purple Sweet Potato (Eeee! So excited to try this!)
- Frozen Raspberries for more crack sauce!
- 2% Chobani (free with coupon…score!)
- Maple Flavoring (I’m seriously in love with this stuff!)
- Pavino Cheese (another sampling seduction)
- Super duper fresh (as in came in TODAY) wild-caught jumbo shrimpies!*
*And I totally paid the extra 2 bucks to have them deveined and cleaned! Haha!
Never be afraid to speak up at that cash register! I thought these babies were $3.99 (5 minute internal battle ensued before placing them in the buggy), but they scanned for $4.99. When I kindly asked the cashier to void them out since I thought they were cheaper than that, she said, “oh, they’re on me!”
I think this goes without saying: the best
things figs in life are
Last Stop: Starbucks!
Whew! It’s been a long and busy day! On top of all this, I actually got up early this morning and met my running buddy for a 3 miler and a yoga class AND ran to the farmer’s market in town to pick up my pre-ordered grass fed finished beef (woot woot!)
I think I need another iced coffee!
I joke, I joke!
What did you do today?
Are you a sucker for buying something once you “sample” it?