Good morning, dolls!
I hope you are all having a great start to your Sunday morning! I know I sure am…well I was, that is until I finished my plate of
brownies pancakes that I “mmm-ed” my way through earlier this morning!
I’ve had a huge thing of cherries in my fridge for about a week now. And when I say huge, I mean three POUNDS of cherry-goodness people…yeah, I totally went to Sam’s Club hungry! Definitely going to be freezing the rest of the container today since I can’t seem to eat them fast enough! Oh, and if you own a cherry pitter and you’re free later, by all means, c’mon over! I’ll make you pancakes! 😉
With a fridge full of cherries, my mind naturally went the chocolate/cherry route this morning when it came time celebrate Pancake Sunday. Isn’t that the first thing everybody thinks of once they hear the word “cherry”? Well, that and maybe ice cream…oh my gosh these would be INCREDIBLE with a big fat scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream on top, but oh, I digress…
Please excuse my foodie ADD!
Originally, I was just going to go with “chocolate cherry pancakes” but I didn’t think that did them justice. I’m not sure if it was the addition of the coconut oil (love!) or what, but I swear to you, these pancakes tasted just like fluffy cake-like brownies!
Brownie Batter Pancakes with Cherries (GF)
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Keywords: stovetop breakfast vegetarian gluten-free nut-free cocoa powder brown rice flour Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (15g scoop)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 – 1 full packet of stevia
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon NuNaturals cocoa bean extract (or vanilla)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cherries, plus more for topping
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray
2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, and stevia in a medium-sized bowl and whisk together to break up any clumps.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg white, coconut oil, milk, and extract.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until all the flour is incorporated.
5. Add cherries to batter and stir to combine.
6. Spoon batter onto skillet, forming 4 small pancakes, and allow to cook for about 3-4 minutes per side.
7. Try your best not to lick the brownie batter goodness out of the bowl…or you could be a rebel like me and do it anyway!
8. Once the cakes are finished cooking, top with fresh chopped cherries and a light dusting of powdered sugar.
Plated, sugared, and cherrified!
Brownie Pancake bite with a cherry on top! 😉
And then, because I have a hard time eating anything for breakfast that doesn’t include some sort of nut butter…
And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to distract myself from the fact that my plate of chocolatey-cherry peanut-buttery goodness is gone, meet up with my sis and make an impromptu road trip to Nashville, because after reading this post from Janetha the other day, I can’t wait any longer…must.have.Vibrams! 😉
Quick! What’s the first word you think of after hearing the following words?
2. Peanut butter
4. Road trip