I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and had a good start to the week today. I’m doing another round of night shifts this week and so far…yeah, not going as well as last week
One thing that did perk me up though after I rolled out of bed this morning after only 3 hours of sleep (thank you new neighborhood construction) was this bowl full of yum:
Although the weather in Tennessee has decided to revert back to summer over the past couple of days (hello 70 degree weather!), I’m still finding myself craving the comfort of fall-flavored foods…so I decided this morning would be the perfect time to break out a ridiculously creamy fall-esque smoothie!
Creamy Coconut Pumpkin Smoothie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Keywords: blender raw beverage snack high fiber high protein coconut milk pumpkin puree fall winter
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (coconut or maple would be great too!)
- 1 cup coconut milk (from a carton)
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (for thickening)
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (for added creaminess)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blend until creamy, scraping down the sides if necessary.
2. Top with unsweetened shredded coconut and/or nuts of your choice.
What flavors do you crave the most during fall?
Anyone else experiencing a heat wave where you live?