Hey hey peoples!
I hope you all had a marvelous weekend! How many of you celebrated Pancake Sunday with me this morning?
All last night, I was dreaming of pancake ideas…when you’ve made as many pancakes as I have in the last year, it’s harder to think of what to make next!
Should I focus on the “stuffing“?
Or maybe the topping?
Should I play with color?
Well, when it came down to it this morning, I decided going with a blend of two of my favorite KMB pancake recipes…
Chocolate Chip Bacon Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast bacon chocolate chips Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 servings bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet/dark chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking power, salt, and cinnamon and stir with a spoon or a whisk to mix.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, milk, and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
5. Fold in diced bacon pieces and chocolate chips.
6. Spoon batter into skillet (makes 6 medium-sized pancakes) and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes (or until batter starts to bubble) before flipping and then 2-3 minutes before plating.
7. Plate and top with maple syrup and sliced bananas.
*If you do not have access to whole wheat pastry flour (which produces lighter baked goods and pancakes due to it’s lower gluten content), feel free to use any all purpose flour or a mixture of all purpose and whole wheat.
BEST decision ever!
The combination of the bacon with the chocolate and then with the maple and banana was out of this world!
Oh, and to all my wonderful veggie lovin’ friends out there, don’t be scared of trying this recipe out with a little fakin’ bacon! I’m sure it would be deeeeelicious!
I know I’ve probably asked this before, but what is your favorite sweet/salty combo?
Anything exciting happen this weekend? Do tell!