Really? Can you honestly say you didn’t see this coming from my last post?
My dear dear, sprinkle-fied, laced-with-crack Oreos…
Meet your destiny!
Cookies ‘n Cream Pancakes
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast coconut flour whole wheat pastry flour
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 4 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with coconut oil or cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, add egg and whisk until it starts to get frothy (about 2 minutes).
4. Stir together egg, coconut oil, applesauce*, vanilla, and milk.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in chopped Oreos and, if using, add sprinkles.
*I substituted the applesauce in for half the oil to decrease the fat in the base recipe since I was adding in the cookies. Feel free to omit applesauce and use 2 tablespoons of oil instead if preferred.
It took every bit of restraint in me not to shove a fist-full of cookies in my mouth while preparing these babies!
I was pleasantly surprised that the decrease in oil did end up drying out the pancakes…they were just as…ahem, humid? on the inside as any of my other pancake recipes!
As for the “icing” I simply mixed some coconut flour with almond milk until I got the desired consistency…wait to make until just before serving since it will thicken up the more it sits.
Liz, I’m pretty sure these were MEANT for you!
Cookie Pancake Sunday!
Oh, and before I go…how about a brief celebration for more daylight!!