was the last time…
You took a bite of something…
And all your cares, worries, and expectations melted away?
Well then, might I suggest you whip up a plate of these:
Try to tell me…
What the first thing on that to-do list was 😉
Sunday’s are for relaxing…
Sunday’s…are for PANCAKES!
Lemon Blueberry Coconut Pancakes
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour (ground up rolled oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops NuNaturals Lemon Stevia
- 1/2-1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup blueberries
1. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with a thin layer of coconut oil or non-stick spray.
2. In a smal bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, and coconut.
3. In a separate bowl, add milk, egg white, oil, extract, stevia (or other sweetener), and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, then carefully fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon batter onto skillet or griddle (mine made three cakes) and cook each side approx. 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
6. Layer with lemon-flavored Greek yogurt and top with more blueberries, toasted coconut*, and lemon zest.
*To toast coconut, scatter in a dry skillet heated to medium heat for a couple of minutes until brown. Shake the skillet occasionally to mix it up. Do NOT walk away from the pan…believe me, you will only make that mistake ONCE! Burnt coconut is no bueno!
No lemon flavored yogurt on hand? Easy, just stir in the juice of half a lemon and about 1 teaspoon of zest into a cup of plain or vanilla yogurt (Chobani is my favorite) and…
I kid you not when I say that halfway through this plate, I literally stopped…
I continued on, savoring each and every warm pocket of gushy blueberry goodness…
I shed a tear.
Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win a bottle of your own NuNaturals lemon AND orange liquid Stevia…the giveaway runs until Thursday!
Happy Pancake Sunday, friends!