Hello my lovelies!
I want to thank you SO much for all the sweet comments on yesterday’s figgy recipe AND the pictures…I’ve been doing my best to amp up my photography skills and it really means a lot when you guys take notice!
So it’s already that special time of week…time for us foodies to pull out our most drool-worthy eats!
Yep, it’s time for What I Ate Wednesday!
Be sure to head on over to Peas & Crayons and thank Jenn for hosting another fun-filled foodie celebration and check to see what deliciousness has made it into everyone else’s week…who knows, you may find a little inspiration for your own meals!
When I woke up Monday, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted for breakfast…
I took my own suggestion and crumbled a warm Coconut Fig Muffin over a bowl of plain Greek yogurt, topped it with a fresh fig and a sprinkle of shredded coconut for good measure.
Warm muffin + cold yogurt = HEAVEN!
I also had my morning ACV cocktail…only after some experiments over the last few days, I’ve temporarily ditched the aminos (the brand I have just doesn’t mix well) and decided it’s best served warm!
1 scoop matcha green tea powder, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, and 5 drops lemon stevia in 10 ounces hot water
I’m thinking this is going to keep me nice and warm this winter!
As for lunch, I’ve been eating the same thing for the last few days now and it has yet to get old…
Beef & Veggie Taco Salad!
Over the weekend, between baking
disasters adventures, I actually had enough time to do a little meal prep so I made a big batch of my beef & veggie tacos but instead of wasting time with tortillas, I just crumbled up some of my Popchips stash and made one HUGE taco salad!
I’m sorry, but it deserves one more look…it was THAT good!
Is it sad that I’m already looking forward to lunch tomorrow just so I can have it again?
Snackage throughout the day:
Baby carrots and tomato basil string cheese (DELICIOUS combo I’m telling you), a perfectly crisp sweet/tart apple from my local farmer’s market, and a muffin from my last batch of “test muffins” before I added the figs.
It’s actually pretty tasty…
Who knows, this non-baker may just have another muffin recipe coming your way soon!
Oh…and I can’t forget to mention THIS:
Any other Luna Fiber Bar lovers out there? Well I just want you to know that you
HAVE NOT LIVED until you’ve tried it nuked in the microwave for about 15 seconds!
Omg, soooooooo flippin’ good!
And it did just the trick to tide me over until I was able to get home and make my DELICIOUS breakfast…
Remember last week’s pumpkin omelette attempt?
Well, as of this morning, we have SUCCESS!
Warm, spicy and FULL of fall flavor, this is definitely one breakfast that I will be repeating!
Pumpkin Spice Omelette with Sweet Ricotta Filling
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 7-8 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast gluten-free low-carb high protein eggs pumpkin fall
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon pralines and cream extract (optional)*
- 1/4 cup low fat ricotta (or cottage cheese) mixed with your preference of sweetener (I went with stevia)
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients (except ricotta) and whisk well.
3. Pour contents into warm skillet.
4. Allow to set for about 30 seconds before slowly swirling your skillet around until the egg mixture coats the edges of the pan (this is what will help you later with flipping).
5. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until edges start to pull away from the skillet.
6. Spread ricotta onto one half of the omelette and then using your spatula, carefully flip the other side over to cover it.
7. Allow to cook for about 2 more minutes (just enough to warm the inside) and then slide from skillet onto plate.
8. Top as desired.
It looks like a lot of steps, but honestly it came together in NO time…omelette making can be tricky so pay attention to step #4!
Nutrition facts for omelette and this ricotta filling only.
Which means…all the more room for MOUTH-WATERING toppings!
Like some fresh figs and Justin’s maple almond butter!
What’s the BEST thing you’ve eaten today?
What is your favorite treat that’s made EVEN better by warming it up?
Oh my gosh, I can’t help but think of the Pop-Tart filled days of my youth! Lol