Sorry I went MIA on you guys yesterday, but after a week and a half of averaging 5 hours of sleep, it has finally caught up to me. I actually called in sick to work Wednesday night because I just couldn’t take one more day.
Unfortunately, my stomach has decided to act in a state or rebellion in response to my zombie status and for the last few days, I’ve been an absolute MESS! All I can say is that I am SO glad it’s Friday…I have a massage scheduled this morning and after that I plan to
take Benedryl veg out for the entire weekend!
And maybe…just maybe I can talk my tummy into a bowl of this!
Banana Almond Crunch Oats
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6-7 minutes
Keywords: stovetop breakfast high fiber high protein vegan vegetarian tvp oats bananas
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup TVP (or more oats)
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax
- 1 cup water (or non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 banana, sliced thin
- Toppings: sliced banana, almonds, and honey for drizzling (NOT optional)
1. Combine oats, TVP, flax, water (or milk), extract, and spices in a small pot over medium-high heat.
2. Once boiling (about 3-4 minutes), add sliced banana and whisk vigorously until smooth.
3. Reduce heat to medium and cook until desired consistency is reached.
4. Transfer to a bowl and top with other half of banana, almonds, and honey.
Whenever I have a bowl of oats, I HAVE to have some sort of protein punch…otherwise I’ll be chewing my arm off in an hour or so. One serving of TVP (textured vegetable protein) provides 12 grams of protein…which is more than a whole egg! And of course vegan too…if your into that! 😉
Of course for this recipe, you can always just add more oats instead of the TVP. It won’t be as strange, but I promise, still good! 😉 Just make sure to add the whipped banana because that is the KEY to the creamy sweet consistency!
But if you forget the honey, I’ll just cry!
C’mon…I’m already stressed to the max, do you really want that on your conscience?? 😉
Now head on over to Sprint 2 the Table and see what everyone else cooked up this week!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Anyone got a good natural recipe for a self-induced coma…that doesn’t require a mallet? 😉