Happy Sunday my lovely friends! Of course this morning I could NOT wait to celebrate Pancake Sunday…any excuse to make pancakes is alright by me!
I wish inventing cookie creations came as easily to me as making up new pancake recipes! I had no problem coming up with these tasty cakes! Maybe it was Katie’s 24 Carrot Gold Muffins I made last week or my little visit over to Cookies and Carrots, but I woke up this morning with a craving that only a succulent slice of carrot cake could satisfy.
Irresistible Carrot Pan-CAKES: (serves 1)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (or milk)
- 1/8 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
1. Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
2. Whisk together pineapple juice, yogurt and honey and then stir into your flour mixture.
3. Stir in carrots, raisins, coconut, and walnuts until combined.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
5. Pour batter into skillet making two medium-sized pancakes.
6. Cook until batter starts to bubble on top (about 5 minutes), flip and continue to cook for about 3 more minutes.
I topped my lovely cakes with homemade coconut butter and pure maple syrup. I am telling you now, make these and prepare to feel like you are floating on a heavenly cloud…much like the little “clouds” of coconut butter resting ever so lightly on the crust of the cakes themselves. Seriously, they are that good! Go make them NOW!
Love the “surprise” taste of all the mix-ins! Like a party in my mouth! 😉
Oh, and guess what! Tiger approves too!
I accidentally dropped a bite on the floor…GASP!…and he ate the whole thing! Then he looked up at me and started licking his lips!
Now onto the stylish part of this post! Apparently, a couple of lovely ladies, Lindsay and Priyanka to be exact, think I’m pretty stylish! 😉 Thank you ladies, I am truly honored to be accepting this award! *insert Miss America wave*
Part of accepting this award is to share 7 things about myself and to nominate other bloggers for the award. Well, since this has been running around the blog world for a week or more now, I’m not sure who has and has not been nominated so if you are reading this and have not participated, consider yourself nominated!
Seven Things You May or May Not Know About Me:
1. I absolutely LOVE being in the kitchen, but when I moved out of my parents house and started college 8 years ago (wow, that makes me feel old) I had no idea how to even cook an egg!
2. I am the most accident prone person I have ever met! That being said, I’m probably one of the only ones that throughout all my spills, tumbles, and falls has never actually broken a bone! Knock on some wood for me, will ya? Apparently my love of Adora disks is paying off!
3. I have lived the past 25 years of my life completely food allergy free until this past summer. After rediscovering my love for kiwi, my lips swelled about 3 times the normal size and my tongue started itching! So sad…sometimes I want to just pop a few benendryls and eat a case of those furry little beauties!
4. I was born in Virginia, but have lived in Tennessee since I was about 3.
5. My favorite color is the same shade of green as my eyes…an olive-y type of green.
6. Every time I put on my blush, I smile at myself in the mirror! I don’t know why…it’s not like I can’t already see my cheekbones!
7. I am addicted to blogging! Five months ago, I couldn’t even tell you what a food blog was, but since my discovery of them back in September, I believe they have truly changed my life! Plus, now I HAVE an excuse for taking pictures of my food!
So there ya have it folks, the most incredible pancakes you will EVER taste and some random facts about the lady behind the broccoli stalk! 😉
Hope you all have a delightful Sunday! I am off to meet one of my besties so I can introduce her to the wonderful world of Trader Joes! I know…it is an absolute crime against humanity that she has never set foot in one before! And yes, this will be my THIRD trip in THREE weeks! Maybe I should just hand over my paycheck to the owner?
ooo i gotta try these pancakerrrss!! they look so moist– AH.. and i am so with you on 7! i had NO idea healthy blogging world was out there.. so glad i found it!
Wow. Sometimes there are no words worthy of the deliciousness.
Awww, thanks Katie!
Haha! Girl, I too am SO accident prone! I so unaware of my surroundings most of the time and I am forever running into things and falling over and burning myself and doing other careless random stuff that injures me. And like you, no broken bones yet!
I didn’t know you were in TN… me too! 😀
I totally smile at myself in the mirror while putting on blush too! No idea why, haha!
Enjoy your Sunday!
“Unaware of my surroundings”…that is the perfect explanation! Pair that with being SUPER forgetful and you have a recipe for disaster! Like the other day when I took a skillet out of a 400 degree oven and then after placing it on the oven mitt, decided I was going to move it to the counter with my BARE hand! Ugh!
Where in TN do you live?
Oh my golly, that is NO good! Your poor hand!
Oh! And as for your question – if you email me at thisitalianrach at gmail dot com I’d be more than happy to answer! 🙂
I may be the only person on the planet who just isn’t that fond of carrot cake. It has be incredibly moist for me to even think about it, and carrot pancakes kind of weird me out!! I am willing to bet with your skills that they are delicious, and I would totally try yours if you made them for me, but I can see myself NEVER making those for myself!! 😉
Yep, pretty sure you’re the only person in the world! Is it just too much going on…like too many flavors for you?
I love trader joes. I have an upcoming post about my love for it. I walked 4.5 miles roundtrip for good ole joe… haha. 😉
And pancakes! ahh! I feel all famous now 😉 haha! 🙂
Very nice! Can’t wait to see the post! Wal-mart may own my soul (ugh) but TJ’s will always have my heart! Haha
I love Trader Joe’s! I’m headed there tomorrow for some Almond Butter!
Those pancakes really look like carrot cake! Must try!!! Oh my goodness! I want to live in Tennesee so bad! How is it? Do you love living there? How is the weather? Give me the scooooop!!
and I smile to after I apply my makeup!
I’ve always wanted brown or green eyes!
Haha! I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone with so much enthusiasm about TN! I guess it’s ok. The bigger cities definitely have a lot more going on than my little town. I love going to Nashville or Knoxville/Gatlinburg! Winters here can be a bit cold (mainly due to the wind) and sometimes we get snow, but mostly just ice. Summers are hot and humid. Last summer, the hottest day was around 109! I love it though! I’d rather be hot than cold any day!
So you have blue eyes and you don’t like them? *gasp* I think blue eyed girls are beautiful!
OMG those pancakes look like CARROT CAKE! I really want them in my belly right now!! 🙂 PS can u email me letting me know the camera you have?
Whoa! Hello! Those look like the BEST pancakes ever!!! You should have those pictures os a magazine of it’s own! I can see it now, “Healthy and Irresistible Carrot Pan-CAKES”
Awww, thanks Alex! Always nice to get an ego boost! Making these definitely went to my head a bit! *patting myself on the back* 😉
Those pancakes look delicious! The photos are beautiful too. I am also smile at myself in the mirror when I put on blush. Too funny!
Those pancakes look amaaaazing! Yum!
I smile when I put on blush too.. haha :]
I also just read your 7 things
and number two is SO ME as well!!! I have onlye ver had stress fractures that were NOT at all related to my inherent clumsiness.
i do have a few scars though.
Hey, just as long as your not missing any fingers or toes! I do have quite a few battle wounds, I mean scars!
Those pancakes look absolutely amazing. I love carrot cake but have never thought to make it in pancake form before! 🙂
Me neither until that morning! So glad it came to me!
Yum! Those pancakes look so tasty 😀
Thank you! And thanks for stopping by my little blog!
Amazing! Those look so good!!!! Great job 🙂
I bake carrot cakes all the time it is an all time favorite for my family and friends. I have never thought of making carrot pancake:D These pancakes looks awesome and with coconut butter and maple syrup as topping? I can’t think of an adjective to describe this othen “WOW!!!” BTW, pls join in the fun for my Valentine’s giveaway.
I’m thinking those are the best pancakes I’ve made so far! The definitely rocked my world! I’m off to check out your blog now, thanks!
Pingback: I’m Baaaaaaaaack! | kissmybroccoli
Pingback: Happy National Pancake Day! | kissmybroccoli
Pingback: Random Bits from the Broccoli Stalk | kissmybroccoli
Pingback: Carrots & Coconut | kissmybroccoli
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Bacon Pancakes | Kiss My Broccoli
Pingback: Chocolate Chip Bacon Pancakes |
Pingback: Carrot Cake Quinoa |