Happy Sunday my lovely friends! Of course this morning I could NOT wait to celebrate Pancake Sunday…any excuse to make pancakes is alright by me!
I wish inventing cookie creations came as easily to me as making up new pancake recipes! I had no problem coming up with these tasty cakes! Maybe it was Katie’s 24 Carrot Gold Muffins I made last week or my little visit over to Cookies and Carrots, but I woke up this morning with a craving that only a succulent slice of carrot cake could satisfy.
Irresistible Carrot Pan-CAKES: (serves 1)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (or milk)
- 1/8 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
1. Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
2. Whisk together pineapple juice, yogurt and honey and then stir into your flour mixture.
3. Stir in carrots, raisins, coconut, and walnuts until combined.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
5. Pour batter into skillet making two medium-sized pancakes.
6. Cook until batter starts to bubble on top (about 5 minutes), flip and continue to cook for about 3 more minutes.
I topped my lovely cakes with homemade coconut butter and pure maple syrup. I am telling you now, make these and prepare to feel like you are floating on a heavenly cloud…much like the little “clouds” of coconut butter resting ever so lightly on the crust of the cakes themselves. Seriously, they are that good! Go make them NOW!
Love the “surprise” taste of all the mix-ins! Like a party in my mouth!
Oh, and guess what! Tiger approves too!
Now onto the stylish part of this post! Apparently, a couple of lovely ladies, Lindsay and Priyanka to be exact, think I’m pretty stylish! Thank you ladies, I am truly honored to be accepting this award! *insert Miss America wave*
Part of accepting this award is to share 7 things about myself and to nominate other bloggers for the award. Well, since this has been running around the blog world for a week or more now, I’m not sure who has and has not been nominated so if you are reading this and have not participated, consider yourself nominated!
Seven Things You May or May Not Know About Me:
1. I absolutely LOVE being in the kitchen, but when I moved out of my parents house and started college 8 years ago (wow, that makes me feel old) I had no idea how to even cook an egg!
2. I am the most accident prone person I have ever met! That being said, I’m probably one of the only ones that throughout all my spills, tumbles, and falls has never actually broken a bone! Knock on some wood for me, will ya? Apparently my love of Adora disks is paying off!
3. I have lived the past 25 years of my life completely food allergy free until this past summer. After rediscovering my love for kiwi, my lips swelled about 3 times the normal size and my tongue started itching! So sad…sometimes I want to just pop a few benendryls and eat a case of those furry little beauties!
4. I was born in Virginia, but have lived in Tennessee since I was about 3.
5. My favorite color is the same shade of green as my eyes…an olive-y type of green.
6. Every time I put on my blush, I smile at myself in the mirror! I don’t know why…it’s not like I can’t already see my cheekbones!
7. I am addicted to blogging! Five months ago, I couldn’t even tell you what a food blog was, but since my discovery of them back in September, I believe they have truly changed my life! Plus, now I HAVE an excuse for taking pictures of my food!
So there ya have it folks, the most incredible pancakes you will EVER taste and some random facts about the lady behind the broccoli stalk!
Hope you all have a delightful Sunday! I am off to meet one of my besties so I can introduce her to the wonderful world of Trader Joes! I know…it is an absolute crime against humanity that she has never set foot in one before! And yes, this will be my THIRD trip in THREE weeks! Maybe I should just hand over my paycheck to the owner?