Hello my loves! Oh how I’ve missed you! Whenever I post early one day and late the next, it feels like it’s been SO long since we’ve “hung out”!
So what have you guys been up to?…besides giving me a fat head about being the most clicked on link for What I Ate Wednesday! By the way, I LOVE you guys! You always know how to perk a girl up in the middle of the week!
Huh…what have I been doing? Well, thanks for asking! Oh, I’ve been doing the side shuffle in my corner of the ring preparing for the throwdown hinted to on Jess’s blog. Please tell me you guys saw her post on the BBQ Bars! If not, go NOW and check it out!
I think I may have finally met my match when it comes to weird foodie concoctions! I swear when I sent her a jar of locally made FROG preserves, our minds were suddenly and mysteriously linked…I guess you could call us
blood jam sisters! 😉
Ok, where was I? Oh, yeah…throwdown…blogger recipe style!
So you guys know how I made Christin’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bean Balls not too long ago, right? Well, seems like I haven’t been able to get those things out of my head lately! I seriously polished a full batch of those off in less than a weekend…by myself!
And, from the looks of this bottle, I also can’t seem to get enough of Jess’s PB&J BBQ Tofu Sandwich!
And then the dreams began…
Suddenly I was transplanted into a huge factory with these ginormous food processors churning away at some dessert hummus (where IS my spatula??). Then, I look down and suddenly see my new bottle of
crack bbq spice.
Hmm…coincidence? I think not!
PB&J (BBQ) Hummus Balls: (yields: ??) <-I may or may not have used the “one for the pan, one for my belly” method! 😉
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite jam (I used FROG preserves)
- 10 drops vanilla stevia
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons BBQ seasoning (optional, unless you’re weird like me!)
- 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit (something that pairs nicely with your jam. I used apricots)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the dried fruit in a food processor and process until smooth (you may need a small drizzle of water to help it come together).
3. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in the dried fruit.
4. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out “dough” and place on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
5. Roll dough between hands to get more of a “ball” shape.
6. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
My favorite sandwich now in a portable, bite-sized ball!
And of course, if the thought of BBQ seasoning dancing around your palate with PB&J freaks you out a bit, you can always leave it out and just have PB&J Hummus Balls!
The addition of the dried fruit adds the PERFECT amount of texture to these! I’m thinking my next batch is going to make use of the dried bloobs I still have stashed in the pantry from a run to Trader Joe’s…mmm!
Then don’t bake them at all!
Just spoon you up a bowl of some PB&J Hummus!
What is your favorite dried fruit?
I have a bit of an obsession with dried fruit…as in if I see something I haven’t tried before, I HAVE to buy it! I think I’d have to say my favorite is Calimyrna figs!