Happy Friday loves!
I hope you all had a great end to the week and are ready to have a nice relaxing weekend. BB is out of town for the week so I was sure to make some BIG plans for the next couple of days:
1. Paint my fingernails
2. Go to the library
3. And make a batch…or two of some of these babies!
I know, I’m such a wild woman!
And speaking of my favorite purple bird blogger, it seems I’ve been tagged in a random question/quiz post…and I’m sorry, but of all the things in this world I can never resist, free samples and random quizzes are at the top!
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
1. When I was little, my hair was platinum blonde, but over the years it got darker and darker and then one day, it turned red…what can I say, I’m a natural born calico.
And yes, I was also the cutest kid ever and totally rocked the side-pony!
2. I was a serious hoarder as a child. Everything from old school papers to McDonald’s toys that I got with my cheeseburger 3 years ago…now, I’m a dedicated purger. I keep ONLY the bare minimum…I don’t collect anything (unless you count dishes…but that’s more of an obsession, not a collection) and I’m notorious for throwing things away that, I later discover I need. Oops!
3. When I graduated college, I didn’t even know how to fry an egg.
4. I paid my entire way through college by working at GNC for 4 years…which is where I first discovered my love for health and fitness.
5. My only New Year’s Resolution for this year was to be on time to work (for the record, it’s not really a huge deal if I’m late, but it was starting to become a bad habit)…that lasted until last Friday:
And in the last week, I’ve been late THREE times! Ugh…time to start fresh next week!
6. I’ve never been much of a sports fan, but there’s just something about the energy at a hockey game!
That being said, I refuse to go see any of our Nashville Predators home games because every time I go to a game, they lose…I’m bad luck!
7. Like Christin, I was traumatized at a young age by a horror film…I saw Stephen King’s “It” when I was about 6 or 7 and have been deathly afraid of clowns ever since.
8. When I was little, my aunt bought me some tap shoes at a local thrift store and I tapped to my little heart’s content…on the tile floor in the bathroom for months.
9. The toilet paper roll must always be situated so that the paper pulls from the top. NOT from underneath…ugh, it makes my eye twitch!
10. I recently tried Marmite.
11. A few years ago, I cut 13 inches off my hair and donated it.
And for the last couple of months, I’ve been toying around with the idea of doing it again…but not quite sure yet.
Next up…Christin’s questions:
1. Do you remember your dreams?
Most of the time, no…but I quit eating citrus right before bed because I ALWAYS have the weirdest dreams…usually involving work…as if I don’t already get enough of that place!
2. When did you last laugh?
Today at work…I love the people I work with! We are always cracking jokes and acting silly whenever we can!
3. What band/album are you most smitten with right now?
El Camino by The Black Keys…or actually, ANYTHING by them…they are quickly becoming my favorite band!
4. What would you do first if you won the lottery?
I’m a total boring person, I know, but the first thing I would do is invest it…what can I say, I’m a planner!
5. What is the last book you read?
Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffin…yeah, remember that one…the book I read last summer when I went to California? One of my new year’s resolution last year was to read a book a month and I read ONE in a YEAR! #fail
6. What is the closest item to your left hand right now (other than your keyboard)?
My cell phone…I swear the thing is attached to my hip at all times!
8. Do you have any tattoos?
No, I’m much to fickle…I might get one some day, but it will definitely have to be something with GREAT sentimental value…have you seen what tattoos look like on 80 year olds?! lol
9. Do you like your middle name?
Love it! It’s Lanee’…pronounced “La-nay” :)
10. What is your favorite animal?
Ok, so this question could go a few different ways…I’m gonna go with flamingos at the zoo, jellyfish at the aquarium, and cats in my house!
11. What is the worst food you’ve ever eaten?
Anything they serve out of the hospital cafeteria for lunch.
Ok, now for the tagging:
And finally, MY QUESTIONS:
1. What was your first pet?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
3. What is the last thing you ate?
4. Did you have a security toy/blanket as a child?
5. What is your favorite holiday?
6. Is there a celebrity that you secret have a crush on?
7. What was your first kiss like?
8. It’s your birthday…what do you want your cake to be?
9. Do you have any hidden talents?
10. What was/is your favorite subject in school?
11. Name one of your guiltiest pleasures!
Now it’s you’re turn!
Pick a question or two and answer in the comments!