Good morning my loves!
I know a few of my fellow bloggers will be up to no good today in
fool full April Fool’s style, but not me…
No, I have more important matters today and it involves some pancake batter, chocolate, and a little
magic secret ingredient.
Any guesses as to what could be hiding in that stack of deliciousness?
How about a few clues?
It tastes like butter.
It’s creamy smooth.
And it’s GREEN!
I swear this is no April Fool’s joke!
Secret Ingredient Chocolate Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 medium-sized avocado, mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 tablespoon agave syrup (or other sweetener)*
1. Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray (I used coconut oil)
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
3. In a separate bowl combine mashed avocado, egg, milk, vanilla, and agave.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until all the flour is incorporated.
5. Spoon batter onto skillet or griddle surface (makes 6 medium-sized cakes) and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes or until the edges start to crisp.
6. Flip cakes and cook another 4-5 minutes until done.
7. Serve banana slices and cocoa spiked syrup.
*In the original recipe, I used 1 tablespoon of agave syrup. BB thought the sweetness was perfect (normal taste buds) while I thought the cakes were a bit too sweet (yeah, like I have a normal bone in my body!). Use the amount that suits your sweet tooth!
Now, before you start giving me the stank eye, hear me out.
First off, do not…I repeat, DO NOT think of guacamole.
Think of smooth creamy butter…
And just pretend that you’re color blind!
Because the moment you take a bite into these pancakes…
The only thing you’ll be thinking is…
Man, these taste just like chocolate pudding!
I kid you not.
There are two things I don’t joke about in life…money AND pancakes! 😉
And now, BB and I are off to Land Between the Lakes from some hiking!
What are you up to today?
Any of you pull off a good April Fool’s Day prank?