Well, I did it!
After not one, not two, but THREE solid kitchen fails, I finally have it!
What do ya think…fourth time’s a charm?
First there were muffins:
There were PANCAKES!!
Doughy stacks pancakes layered with a cool pillow of “orange creamsicle” filling and warm sweet grilled orange slices…
How’s that for tantalizing your tastebuds?
You guys have GOT to try these!
Orange Creamsicle Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 1)
For the Pancakes:
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (mine was approx. 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (or a bit more protein powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 5-7 drops NuNaturals Orange Stevia (or orange extract or more orange zest)
For the Creamsicle Topping:
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (can use low-fat or fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3-5 drops NuNaturals Orange Stevia (or orange extract or more orange zest)
- 1/2 orange cut into 1/2 inch rounds (optional)
- Orange marmalade, thinned with water (optional)
For the Pancakes:
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Add egg white to blender and allow to blend for 2-3 minutes or until white and foamy.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine flours, protein powder, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, orange zest, stevia, and egg white.
- Transfer wet ingredients to dry ingredients and carefully stir until all the flour is incorporated (careful not to overstir).
- Pour batter onto skillet/griddle (mine made three medium-sized cakes) and allow to cook 5-7 minutes per side or until golden brown (batter will not bubble).
For the Orange Creamsicle Topping:
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, coconut flour, and stevia in a bowl.
- Slice rinds off of orange rounds, add to skillet, and cook about 30 seconds on each side.
- Layer yogurt and orange slices on top of each pancake and drizzle with thinned marmalade.
Over 30 grams of protein? What?!
You could always use your favorite pancake syrup and forego the “orange creamsicle” topping, but c’mon, would you really wanna miss out on this?
Yeah, I didn’t think so!
HAPPY PANCAKE SUNDAY!
The orange slices on top are enough to make me swoon! They are beautiful and need to be on the cover of Clean Eating!! (*dialing Tosca as I type…..
And I bet they taste 10 times better than they look -Outstanding job once again!
Ohhhhh… this is happening this week. I appreciate your persistence – from them looks of it all those fails paid off big time!
P.S. I have the makings of your Peaches ‘n Cream Parfait in my fridge for tomorrow. 🙂
I just made these. I think I love you. just a couple of mods: added 1 tsp chia, only used 1 T WW flour, 1/4 C almond milk, lemon extract rather than zest (I am out of oranges).
Life. Freaking. Changing. Mwah!
Omg, YAY!!! I was a little worried about the measurements since all protein scoops aren’t created equal (that’s why I put a cup estimate to mine). So glad you were able to make some modifications and still have them turn out okay. And I’m SO happy that you tried them! Like seriously, I have goofy smile on my face RIGHT NOW! Lol
Oh my goodness girl!!! This post of deliciousness looks amazzingg!! Thank you 🙂
i’ll be over in a few!
I love Creamsicles! They used to be one of my favorite ice cream treats…along with those Good Humor strawberry shortcake bars we used to get from the cafeteria in middle school. Can you turn THOSE into a pancake please?
These look awesome! But when don’t your recipes look good? 😉 I wish I had your patience in the kitchen to test out new pancake recipes! What do you do with your failures?
Ohhh my gosh, Heather those look AMAZING!! YUM!! How do you have such amazing recipes?! Seriously. You’re a pancake goddess
i want to squish it all together and take a massive bite.. right now!
Can I come over?? I’m making these this weekend. Do you think I could sub buckwheat flour to make it gf??
Pingback: My First MIMM! | Kiss My Broccoli
These look SO GOOD. Especially the grilled oranges arghhhhh! And I don’t even LIKE oranges! Yuuuuummmm!
Oh my gosh, I don’t really care for oranges either…I like the flavor, but I could go with or without them in general…until I grilled them! Soooooo good!
These look like they were DEFINITELY worth the effort of a few failed attempts!
Pingback: What I Ate (When It Was Sunday) « ForgottenBeast
I have got to try these, so glad Allie linked to them… bookmarked!
Awesome! Her’s looked delicious! Let me know what you think! 🙂
Pingback: orange creamsicle protein pancakes click here for recipe | Oh So Yummy