Good morning loves!
With today being the first official Pancake Sunday of fall, I figured it was finally time to bust out some of the fall flavors we all love!
But why should pumpkin have all the fun?
Oh yeah, I went there!
And I even brought the maple syrup along for the ride!
Sweet Potato Pie Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast high protein high fiber whole wheat pastry flour sweet potato Pancake Sunday fall
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup water (or milk)
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, protein powder, baking powder, and spice.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together egg white, sweet potato, banana, and water (or milk).
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until flour is incorporated.
5. Spoon batter onto skillet forming three medium-sized pancakes.
6. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or edges are crisp and golden brown.
7. Serve with pure maple syrup…or, if your feeling extra frisky, layer with mini marshmallows, pop ’em in the microwave to “melt” and top with crushed pecans!! 😉
Nutritional facts per serving BEFORE toppings:
A little more decadent than my usual pancakes, but really, doesn’t everyone deserve a little treat every once in a while?
Would you believe me if I said it tastes even BETTER than it looks?
Now who wants the first bite?
What is your favorite fall dessert?