I heart you guys.
But you wanna know JUST how much I heart you?
I heart you so much that when I made these pancakes and layered them with my eggfruit pudding, that I felt bad for rubbing it in your face that I have eggfruit pudding and you don’t.
Oh wait, I didn’t just say that.
Really…you should feel the love…
Obviously I was distracted before by the mouth-watering chocolatey eggfruit pudding.
Oh snap…there I go again. Sorry.
N – E – waaaaaaaaaaay…
Back to hearting you!
During a bout of insomnia the other night…I got in the kitchen determined to perfect these lil’ cakes.
On the FOURTH(!!) batch, I finally got it right AND I made them a little more festive for the upcoming holiday!
But wait…it get’s better!
Because, since I love your little hearts so much and I want you to grow up big and strong, I hid something in your pancakes this morning, but you’ll never EVER guess what it is…well, unless you saw Friday’s post!
Coconut Cauliflower Pancakes with Pomegranate Cream
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: fry food processor breakfast high fiber gluten-free coconut flour cauliflower Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour*
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (30g scoop)
- 1/4 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup packed “riced” cauliflower (pulse in food processor until fine)
- 2 large egg whites, whisked until frothy
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*If using regular flour instead, omit one egg white.
For Pomegranate Cream
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate juice
1. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, protein powder, and baking powder and stir to mix.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy (about 5-6 seconds) then add “riced” cauliflower, apple sauce, and almond milk and stir to combine.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Spoon batter onto skillet forming 3 medium-sized pancakes and cook 5-6 minutes per side (batter will not bubble).
6. Serve layered with pomegranate cream, pomegranate seeds, and coconut flakes.
For Pomegranate Cream
1. Combine ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth.
Pomegranates are good for your HEART, cauliflower is good for your GUT, and well, if you’re like me, the two are practically connected!
Shhh, the veggies will be our little secret!
Do you have any plans for Valentine’s Day this week?
The man-friend and I are planning a trip to Memphis over the weekend! And I’m really hoping we get a chance to eat HERE!
(Only because I saw it on DDD…but really, Guy has NEVER let me down!)
How do you show someone you “heart” them?
I love cooking for people, surprising them with gifts, and I’m a BIG hugger…just in case you get the chance to meet me someday…you know, you’ve been warned!