I heart you guys.
But you wanna know JUST how much I heart you?
I heart you so much that when I made these pancakes and layered them with my eggfruit pudding, that I felt bad for rubbing it in your face that I have eggfruit pudding and you don’t.
Oh wait, I didn’t just say that.
Really…you should feel the love…
Obviously I was distracted before by the mouth-watering chocolatey eggfruit pudding. 😉
Oh snap…there I go again. Sorry.
N – E – waaaaaaaaaaay…
Back to hearting you!
During a bout of insomnia the other night…I got in the kitchen determined to perfect these lil’ cakes.
On the FOURTH(!!) batch, I finally got it right AND I made them a little more festive for the upcoming holiday! 😉
But wait…it get’s better!
Because, since I love your little hearts so much and I want you to grow up big and strong, I hid something in your pancakes this morning, but you’ll never EVER guess what it is…well, unless you saw Friday’s post! 😉
Coconut Cauliflower Pancakes with Pomegranate Cream
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: fry food processor breakfast high fiber gluten-free coconut flour cauliflower Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour*
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (30g scoop)
- 1/4 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup packed “riced” cauliflower (pulse in food processor until fine)
- 2 large egg whites, whisked until frothy
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*If using regular flour instead, omit one egg white.
For Pomegranate Cream
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate juice
1. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, protein powder, and baking powder and stir to mix.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy (about 5-6 seconds) then add “riced” cauliflower, apple sauce, and almond milk and stir to combine.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Spoon batter onto skillet forming 3 medium-sized pancakes and cook 5-6 minutes per side (batter will not bubble).
6. Serve layered with pomegranate cream, pomegranate seeds, and coconut flakes.
For Pomegranate Cream
1. Combine ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth.
Pomegranates are good for your HEART, cauliflower is good for your GUT, and well, if you’re like me, the two are practically connected! 😉
Shhh, the veggies will be our little secret! 😉
Do you have any plans for Valentine’s Day this week?
The man-friend and I are planning a trip to Memphis over the weekend! And I’m really hoping we get a chance to eat HERE!
(Only because I saw it on DDD…but really, Guy has NEVER let me down!)
How do you show someone you “heart” them?
I love cooking for people, surprising them with gifts, and I’m a BIG hugger…just in case you get the chance to meet me someday…you know, you’ve been warned! 😉