The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of JAVAPRO.
Alright, who out there perked up just by seeing that word? 😉 I have to say, even with my caffeine sensitivity, I could never live without coffee for too long. Hence the reason I’ve gone absolutely MAD since my doctor told me to discontinue my coffee drinking until we solve my little “Night of the Walking Dead” problem.
So can you imagine the distress I was in when I discovered that FitFluential had chosen me to review and sample the coffee protein powder from Nature’s Best?? I swear, I had it on my kitchen counter, just staring at it, for a week before I FINALLY came up with and idea that would later cause me to lose my breath, let out a very audible sigh, grin and promptly pat myself on the back.
Because hey, the doc never said I couldn’t EAT my coffee! 😀
JAVAPRO is a protein powder made with REAL coffee and comes in six different flavors (French vanilla, latte, hazelnut, caramel, espresso, and mocha). One serving provides 80mg of caffeine and TWENTY grams of high quality great-tasting protein!
I was given the mocha flavor to try (but omg, I’ve seriously GOT to get my hands on that caramel!) and I was pleasantly surprised to find no “fake” coffee flavor and no weird aftertaste.
The idea for these No Bake Protein “Buzz” Bites (cute name, no?) was in my head for a few days before I finally got my booty in the kitchen and made my dream a reality. Without having made any sort of energy snack thingy before, I’ll admit, this was a bit of a shot in the dark (ahhh, see what I did there?), but I have to say, they came out even better than I imagined!
These babies come together in less than 15 minutes and taste amazing eaten straight out of the food processor (no shame) but I’ll tell you, if you practice a bit of self control, you WILL be rewarded. After a couple of hours in the fridge, the flavor intensifies to smack yo’ mama level good!
I dare you to stop at just ONE! 😉
No-Bake Protein “Buzz” Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Keywords: food processor dessert snack gluten-free high protein dates protein powder almond butter
Ingredients (24 Bites)
- 10-12 large dried dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup creamy unsalted almond butter
- 1 serving JavaPro Protein Powder
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut butter
- 1 1/2 cups crisp brown rice cereal
- Dried unsweetened coconut for coating
1. Process dates in a food processor until a sticky dough ball forms.
2. Add almond butter and protein powder and process until a crumbly mixture results.
3. Slowly drizzle in melted coconut butter until another sticky dough ball forms.
4. Transfer to a bowl and using a wooden spoon (or your hands), work the brown rice cereal into the dough ball.
5. Roll into 24 evenly-sized balls and coat in shredded coconut.
6. Store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for about a month.
Better yet, rest easy knowing these are the nutritional stats for TWO! 😀
I was compensated for this review of Nature’s Best JAVAPRO protein powder, but all opinions expressed within this post are of my own. For more information on JAVAPRO and other Nature’s Best products, including where to purchase, check out their
Are you a coffee drinker? What’s your go-to energy boosting snack?
Bites? Balls? Mama-smackin’ morsels?? 😉