Sweet and spicy fall flavors combine in this ridiculously creamy pumpkin and pear smoothie. Pumped with protein, it’s perfect for a quick refuel during the busy holiday season…even if it’s just to get you back to the stores!
Omg, WHAT is this?!
Delicious, that’s what! Hiding away in my tiiiiiiiiiiiiny little reserve of recipes created many MANY months ago…when it was no longer blog-ically acceptable to publish pumpkin recipes (*scoff*), I thought I’d save it for a rainy day, but look at that, it’s raining (AND snowing) today, so I guess it’s about time to get our smoothie on!
We’ll just pretend that it’s not literally FREEZING outside! 😯
Pumpkin Pear Protein Smoothie
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Keywords: blender beverage high protein vegetarian fall winter
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 medium-sized pear halved and cored
- 1/2-3/4 cup water or milk (depending on desired consistency)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-4 ice cubes (or dice your pear and FREEZE them ahead of time!)
- Sprinkle of cacao nibs for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Garnish with cacao nibs.
So? Whatcha think? Care to wrap up in three pairs of pants, five sweatshirts, some wool socks, and a stocking cap and join me in raising a glass of pumpkin pear deliciousness? Because with the traffic that I saw out there last night, I KNOW I’m gonna need something to keep me
from punching a granny in the face refueled this holiday season!
Just close your eyes and let the warm spicy flavors of cinnamon and ginger fool you into thinking that it’s cold as hell outside…and we’ve still got THIRTY-EIGHT more days until winter begins! 😯 Yay?
Do you like to eat/drink cold foods when it’s cold outside…
or am I the only weird one?
Has it snowed yet where you live?