Good evening loves! Hope you are all having a marvelous Sunday! I figured I’d post a little earlier than usual since I can already tell that it is going to be an early night for me!
First and foremost…Happy Pancake Sunday!
You know what makes today even more special? It is officially the last Pancake Sunday in the old kitchen…if all goes well, next week, I’ll be pancake flippin in my BRAND NEW HOUSE!
Ok, so I’m starting to get a little anxious, but who can blame me? You saw the size of that kitchen! Oh, how I wish I could invite all of you guys over! We’d have a pancake FEAST for sure!
Anywho! I had a huge craving for coconut this morning…must’ve been the tropical protein ice cream before bed last night…so I
tore through searched the cabinets, did a little thinking, and whipped up some of these:
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds + 3 tablespoons warm water, allow to set)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (carton, not can)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Combine flours and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
2. Combine chia egg, vanilla extract, and coconut milk in a separate bowl.
3. Mix wet and dry ingredients and then stir in shredded coconut.
4. Pour batter into greased non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook for about 6-7 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides.
Raspberry Maple Sauce: (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/8 cup water
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (to thicken)
Combine raspberries, water, and syrup and cook over medium-high heat until slightly thickened. Stir in gum and set aside (sauce will thicken even more).
The kitchen is now officially
a mess packed and it looks like I only lack a few odds and ends around the house (I’m trying my best not to pack anything I need for the week). The only thing that’s left is the dreaded task of hauling things down from the attic…which is on the agenda after finishing this post…oy!
Along with packing, I also changed my oil, did 3 loads of laundry, and cleaned the kitchen…TWICE! Hence the reason for the break right now!
As soon as I finish tackling the attic, I think I’m going to chill for the rest of the night and maybe do a little baking…it’s been a while since I’ve treated the guys at work! Plus, it gives me an excuse to make Caitlin’s Gluten Free Pumpkin Coconut Cookies!
I hope you all have a great rest of the night! Ciao for now! 😉
What have you been craving lately?