Hey everybody! How was your day? Mine was ho-hum. All that lovely 80 degree weather we got over the weekend abandoned us today for gray skies and pouring rain. No matter how long I live in Tennessee, I’ll never get over the crazy weather!
This morning, I didn’t have time to have a sit-down breakfast (read, I spent too long reading blogs after my shower and was therefore running late), but I HAD to have some of the leftover Coconut-Mango Yogurt Pancakes from yesterday morning so I threw them in the oven to toast under the broiler while I whipped up a quick smoothie.
Coconut-Mango Green Monster Smoothie: (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup leftover mango pulp
- 1/2 banana
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 5-6 ice cubes
Whirr, whirr, whirr in the MB it goes! Where it stops
nobody knows in my bellay!
Ok, so today it rained…and then it rained…oh, and after that, it rained a little more. Booooring! Howabout we talk “loot” from Saturday’s Shopping Extravaganza?! (Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?)
So I knew it was going to be a good day when it started out with this:
Followed shortly after by this:
Oh yeah! Ya with me?
After meeting my friends for lunch at Chipotle (hi Cat & Erik!), it was time to get my shop on. And what kind of shopping gets a foodie THIS excited? Grocery shopping of course! Before I show you the loot, I want you to know that this was my first “official” grocery shopping after the Clean Out the Kitchen Challenge (read, there’s a LOT of stuff here!)
- Yogi Ginger Tea x 2 (on sale for $2! AND I had a coupon for $1/2)
- Veggie Masala Burgs (lurve)
- Canned Alaskan Salmon
- Organic Refried Beans
- Unsalted Creamy Almond Butter
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese (say wha?!)
- Cinnamon Cat Cookies
- Punjab Eggplant Dish
- Vermont Maple Syrup
- 21 Seasoning Salute (since I see it ALL the time on Janetha’s blog!)
- Fully-cooked Brown Rice
- Organic Galas
- Organic 3-Grain Tempeh x 2
- Single-serving Non-fat Greek yogurt x 2 (blueberry and honey)
- 2% Greek Yogurt
- Fresh Basil
- Potato Medley
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Dried Bloobs
- Slivered Almonds
- (Un-pictured) Smooth & Mellow Coffee x 2 (decaf and regular)
- Kombucha x 3
- Thick-cut Rolled Oats from bulk section
- Whole Wheat Honey Grahams
- Chickpea Flour
- Yogi Chai Tea
- Carob Powder
- Sunshine Burgs
- Unsalted Pretzels
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Coconut & Maple Extracts
- Organic heirloom tomato
- Blueberry Muffin Larabar (FINALLY got my hands on one!)
Behold the Pink Ladies!
A little treat for the road! 😉
- Discount zucchini (I got this whole pack for 2 bucks!)
- Kabocha squash x 3 (even though I wanted to just back the car up to the door!)
- Calavacita squash
- Yucca (so I can make Allie’s yucca fries)
- Ginger Root
- White Asian Pear
Notice the first three items are squash? Yeah, that’s no coincidence! 😉
So…you guys wanna know how much I spent? You ready for this?
What a steal, right?! Oh wait…I guess I should’ve told you about this little purchase first:
While I was in Nashville, my dad called me and had me meet him at an appliance store to shop for a new W&D. They had a super weekend sale running and this set was only $800! How could I pass up a deal like that?! On a front loader? Thank you!
What’s the best deal you’ve gotten lately?