*movie man voice*
the moment you’ve ALL been waiting for…
tighten up those bibs folks,
it’s time to get yo drool on!”
So I know most bloggers seemed to have put they’re cake batter lovin’ ideas aside as of late, but when I opened the door to the pantry the other day and spied that open box of cake mix in the wake of a French toast hangover, I was nearly knocked over by a sudden stroke of genius!
Why should oats have all the fun?!
I tinkered around with this recipe for days and this was the ratio that seemed to be the closest to that cake-battery taste I was going for!
Cake Batter French Toast: (serves 1)
- 2 slices soft, whole wheat bread (I used my new favorite)
- 2 whole eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder*
- 2 tablespoons yellow cake mix (remember gluten-free mixes are less sketchy)
2. While waiting for skillet to warm up, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
Now comes the fun part! Icing your “cake”
the, “I can’t believe it’s not icing” icing!
Creamy Cashew Drizzle: (serves 2)
- 1/8 cup soaked, drained raw cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- unsweetened almond milk as needed to thin (I used a little more than 1 tablespoon)
Combine all ingredients in a mini food processor or magic bullet (smaller is better…TNWSS!) and blend until creamy!
I am a firm believer in the thought that sprinkles make everything better!
Birthday bash lull…sprinkles!
Boring plate of French toast…sprinkles!
Got distracted and burnt dinner…sprink-
Well, oooookay, maybe not EVERYTHING! 😉