So you know how I mentioned in my WIAW post that I was a little “fond” of my newest combo of dates and sunflower seed butter? Well, what I failed to disclose is that me and SSSB (“Studley Sunflower Seed Butter) have been “talking” for a while.
I was a little nervous, but I agreed to meet him for breakfast this morning…which gave me a good reason to break out the new hair straightener that
Santa I just got me!
Isn’t he breathtaking?
You think he’s gotten any work done?
Eh, I digress…
Banana Carob Chip Oats (In a Jar):
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast (trust me on this one!*)
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon carob chips
- 1 near-empty SSB jar
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine oats, milk, water, and extract and cook on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring halfway through.
2. Stir in nutritional yeast and chia seeds and allow 2-3 minutes to thicken.
3. Transfer to waning nut butter jar, layering with banana slices and carob chips.
4. Prepare to swoon!
What’s the last breakfast that made you swoon?
Have you ever tried OIAJ?