Happy Sunday my loves!
Show of hands, how many of you have missed the weekly celebration of one of our most beloved (can’t forget the oats of course) breakfasts?
Well, you’re not alone!
Let’s se…it’s been…*archive searching*…hmmm…
TWO WHOLE MONTHS?!
What the heck is wrong with me?
I have to admit, I’ve gotten a little lazy on the weekend…oats, yogurt bowls, and of course cottage cheese have all been taking the spotlight from the dear ol’ pancake.
But NOT today!
Oh no, after trying out Kasey’s recipe for her famous Powercakes the other day, I have NOT been able to get the thought of pancakes out of my mind. But not just any pancakes…healthy pancakes! I’ve been doing so well with cleaning up my diet and keeping my calories in check…I didn’t want to blow that on a plate of flapjacks!
And so I present to you…
Gluten-free, dairy-free, oil-free, VEGAN pancakes!
But you can call them Coconutty Protein Pancakes for short
Coconutty Protein Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (chose a plant-based variety if you want your pancakes to be vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (carton)
1. Preheat non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
2. Add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir to mix.
3. Pour batter onto skillet forming three small-ish pancakes.
4. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes per side (or until the edges start to crisp and get a nice golden brown color).
5. Transfer to plate and load up with toppings!*
*I chose to top mine with almond butter sauce (1 1/2 tablespoon almond butter + enough water to thin to desired consistency), fresh blueberries, and shredded coconut and it was DELICIOUS!
Powered by Recipage
I was afraid after this much time, I would have lost my pancake mojo…
But just look at that beautiful golden color…
With a texture that’s pillowy soft, just begging to soak up a drizzle of sauce…
And the nutritional stats?
Under 300 calories pre-toppings!
Oh yeah, I’ve still got it!
Did YOU celebrate Pancake Sunday?
Any ideas/suggestions you wanna throw at me for the next celebration?