GOOD morning friends!
Happy Pancake Sunday!
I hope you are all having a fantastical relaxing weekend…and staying warm. Our temperatures around here have dropped down to around the 40’s which is MUCH too cold for Heather 🙁
Thank God for electric blankets!
AND for PANCAKES! 😀
When I finished off the last slice of Coconut Banana Bread for breakfast the other day, I couldn’t help but still have the craving lingering around when it came time for lunch.
Obviously, there was only one thing left to do…
Ahh, pure happiness!
I was SO HAPPY with how these turned out.
The ingredient list is simple and in less than 15 minutes, I had a beautiful stack of coconutty-banana goodness before me.
Sweet, dense, and oh, so spongy!
Which means they’re PERFECT for soaking up warm drizzly
coconut butter and maple syrup!
Coconut Banana Pancakes
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast dairy-free grain-free high fiber high protein gluten-free coconut flour bananas Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
1. Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.*
2. Whisk egg whites until frothy.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
4. Spoon batter onto skillet surface, forming 4 medium-sized pancakes, and allow to
cook 5-6 minutes per side before flipping.
5. Plate and layer with other half of banana, toasted coconut, and a drizzle of coconut butter.
*Do NOT skip this step as coconut flour-based pancakes have a tendency to stick
And not only are they FULL of coconut and banana flavor…
But they are also PACKED with all-natural protein and fiber!
All the more reason to smile…
And maybe add a bit more coconut butter to each and every bite! 😉