GOOD morning friends!
Happy Pancake Sunday!
I hope you are all having a fantastical relaxing weekend…and staying warm. Our temperatures around here have dropped down to around the 40′s which is MUCH too cold for Heather
Thank God for electric blankets!
AND for PANCAKES!
When I finished off the last slice of Coconut Banana Bread for breakfast the other day, I couldn’t help but still have the craving lingering around when it came time for lunch.
Obviously, there was only one thing left to do…
Ahh, pure happiness!
I was SO HAPPY with how these turned out.
The ingredient list is simple and in less than 15 minutes, I had a beautiful stack of coconutty-banana goodness before me.
Sweet, dense, and oh, so spongy!
Which means they’re PERFECT for soaking up warm drizzly
coconut butter and maple syrup!
Coconut Banana Pancakes
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast dairy-free grain-free high fiber high protein gluten-free coconut flour bananas Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
1. Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.*
2. Whisk egg whites until frothy.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
4. Spoon batter onto skillet surface, forming 4 medium-sized pancakes, and allow to
cook 5-6 minutes per side before flipping.
5. Plate and layer with other half of banana, toasted coconut, and a drizzle of coconut butter.
*Do NOT skip this step as coconut flour-based pancakes have a tendency to stick
And not only are they FULL of coconut and banana flavor…
But they are also PACKED with all-natural protein and fiber!
All the more reason to smile…
And maybe add a bit more coconut butter to each and every bite!