It’s no secret…
I am a HUGE fan of Flatout wraps!
So when the company contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I would help in their new Flatout Flatbread Good Grilling Promotion, you can only BEGIN to imagine my excitement…for the record, lots of jazz hands were involved. 😉
The point of this exciting promotion is to tell you guys all about Flatout’s newest line. They’re not just wrappin’ it UP these days, they’re rollin’ it OUT too…
With FLATBREADS in four tasty varieties:
Rustic White, Heritage Wheat, Rosemary & Olive Oil, and Spicy Italian!
Last week, I received a VERY gracious package…
And again, MANY jazz hands were involved! 😉
Armed with my giftcard and about a bajillion ideas for possible pizza creations, I headed to my local Walmart*!
*I was THISCLOSE to wearing the new snazzy apron they sent me, but opted not to be in the next upload to People of Walmart! 😉
Click here to find them at a store near you!
Now, I’ll be honest with you guys…there was no amount of jazz hands that could save me from my sleep-deprived state last week. Seriously, the only thing I could manage to stomach was dry cereal and eggs which totally bummed me out because when I first agreed to do this promotion, I had dreams of whipping up some extravagant
veggie-loaded CHEESY goodness!
I had an e
ggpiphany…oh and I just happened to be catching up with a girl who KNOWS a thing or two about cheese…and eggs! 😀
BAM! Huevos Rancheros PIZZA!!
Huevos Rancheros Flatbread Pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Keywords: stovetop bake breakfast high fiber high protein vegetarian eggs whole wheat tortilla
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 Flatout Flatbread (I used Rustic White)
- 2 whole eggs (or 1 egg + 2 egg whites)
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of Monterrey jack and cheddar)
- 2 Tablespoons canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 small bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 slice onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and hot sauce for topping
- Green onions to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Once preheated, place flatbread on sheet pan and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, scramble eggs.
4. Remove flatbread from oven, top with salsa, eggs, cheese, beans, onions, and tomatoes and return to oven for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Transfer to a plate, top with Greek yogurt and hot sauce and garnish with green onions.
6. Slice and serve.
hot sauce PIZZA! 😉
Time to slice!
In a matter of minutes I had
pizza in ma’ FACE a delicious breakfast awaiting me. I loved how the flatbread crisped up in the oven and I have to say,
With the crunch of the crust…
The soft, fluffy eggs…
And ooey gooey melted cheese…
picture PIZZA perfect!
For even MORE ideas, click here for a list of Flatout’s pizza recipes! But before you do, how about a chance to win something pretty flippin’ amazing?
Flatout is offering a two night trip for TWO to the Taste of Chicago 2013!!!!!
ENTER NOW!! <- With one jazz hand! 😉
The ‘Flatout Good Grilling “Sweepstakes” ends 06/21/2013 at 12:00 PM (Eastern Time). Open to US and Canadian residents only.
Disclaimer: While Flatout agreed to compensate me for this post, all of the above opinions and (borderline crazy) excitement over a flat piece of bread are all my own! 😉