Happy Friday, my little beans!
As you are reading this, I am either STILL running around
like a chicken with my head cut off …ohhh, too graphic for today’s post… how about like a crazy woman? Yeah, that’s better! 😉 OR I’ve finally managed to cram everything into the MAMMOTH of a suitcase the man-friend let me borrow and am on my way to Blender and better things!
Park City, Utah, here I come!! 😀
BUT!! Before I go, I just HAVE to share the recipe I whipped up while scurrying to empty out the fridge before my trip! I have to tell you guys, it was SO hard not to spill the beans (teehee!) on Wednesday, but this recipe was TOO #strangebutgood not save for Friday!
After mixing up my newest yogurt combo, I couldn’t help but start daydreaming of other ways to have my “cake”
and eat it too.
And then it HIT me…
I mean really, it practically BEET me up!
Oh yeah, this recipe takes the CAKE on #strangebutgood!
Ahhh, I’m just so frickin’ punny! 😉
Red Velvet Cake Hummus
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 hour chill time
Keywords: food processor appetizer snack high fiber no sugar added vegetarian vegan beets beans #strangebutgood
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 medium beet, peeled, roasted, and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-7 drops liquid stevia (or other preferred sweetener)
- 2 Tablespoons water to thin
- Cacao nibs or chocolate chips for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients (except nibs/chips) in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
2. Garnish with nibs/chips and serve with graham crackers, apples, or a spoon!
I’ll admit, you can still taste a bit of the earthiness at first, but after a couple of hours in the fridge, the chocolate takes over and you’ve got yourself a winner!
With a capital B!
Binner?…Beeter?…Beaner? <- oops? 😉
Screw it, you’ve got DESSERT!
And for the record, I polished off this entire batch in one DAY!
Alternative post title: How to turn your pee pink for a day! 😉
Now head on over to Sprint to the Table and check out all the other STRANGE concoctions my fellow weird foodies are noshing on this week! I’m going to be seeing a LOT of them this weekend!
But I’ll see YOU guys Monday! 😀
In the meantime, go make this
Hey, what can I say?
I’m weird This veggie can’t be BEET! 😉