Happy Friday, loves!
So, by the look of the comments on yesterday’s post, it seems I have quite a few blueberry out there! I really can’t blame you. Now that we are at the peak of summer, they are SO good right now! I’ve found those little blue beauties popping their way into more and more of my eats lately, but earlier this week, I had a stroke of genius…
A strange but GOOD stroke of genius!
Of course, I can’t take all the credit here…I’ve been dreaming of Sarah’s blueberry lavender dressing for weeks now, then Michelle got me thinking coleslaw. Then I thought, well WHY NOT combine the two?! I mean, blueberries and mustard has always been one of my favorite pairings…
So I did…and it was good…and now I’m
sharing here to convince you all to make this RIGHT NOW! 😀
Blueberry Lavender Coleslaw
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour chill time
Keywords: raw side salad blueberries cabbage summer
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon lavender (optional)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Place cabbage, onion, and blueberries in a large bowl and toss to combine.
2. In a small blender, add vinegar, mustard, blueberries, agave, lavender, lemon juice, and salt and pepper and process until smooth.
3. Pour mixture over stir to coat and garnish with fresh parsley.
4. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to fully develop.
A perfect summer side dish…crisp, cool, and crunchy cabbage, juicy blueberries, coated in a sweet, tangy, and an oh-what-is-that-little-extra-flavor dressing! The lavender really takes it to a whole new level, but if you don’t have any, feel free to leave it out…
I promise it’s still good…strange
but AND good! 😉
What is one of your favorite summer sides?
As if this recipe didn’t give you a clue, I’m ALL about some fruit/veggie salads!
Any fun plans this weekend?
The man-friend and I are hosting another BBQ tomorrow…can’t wait!