Who says July is the only month I can show my patriotism? 😉
I happen to be quite fond of the colors of my country…
Especially when they’re the colors in my most recent snack obsession…
Sweet and juicy summer berries…
Marinated in a mix of balsamic, honey, garlic, and basil…
Sitting atop toasty baguette with a dollop of fresh ricotta!
And who ELSE is to say it’s unacceptable to post more than TEN pictures of the same thing in ONE blog post??
I do love my country, but honestly, this was just an attempt to lure you in with a catchy post title and then get you drooling in 100 words or less!
Soooooo, did it work?? 😉
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour chill time
Keywords: raw appetizer snack vegetarian summer
Ingredients (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade (leaves rolled up and cut into ribbons)
- Toasted baguette and ricotta for serving
1. Combine all the berries in a medium-sized bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, and garlic and then drizzle over berries.
3. Stir in basil, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least one hour to allow flavors to develop.
4. Serve on toasted baguette spread with fresh ricotta
If you had to pick just ONE, what would be your favorite summer berry?
I love them all, but strawberries are number ONE!
Have you ever tried a non-traditional bruschetta or a sweet/savory fruit salad?