Sweet and tangy peaches and raspberries combined with the peppery taste of fresh basil makes for a great non-traditional salsa!
Am I the ONLY one running around here in a state of panic, stuffing my face with as much summer fruit as absolutely possible? Seriously, in the last week, I’ve bought figs, blueberries, nectarines, strawberries, peaches, AND raspberries! I’ve been popping them into meals left and right…because ya know that’s a bit more respectable than just standing in front of the fridge with fruit juice running down my chin.
With all my fruit-filled eats, I’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with different fruit combinations. I have to say, there’s just something about pairing blueberries with watermelon, berries with berries, bananas with figs, or my latest obsession,
raspberries with peaches…
I’ll be honest though, when I first starting making this peach and raspberry “salsa”, I actually planned on going a whole other direction, but SOMEBODY forgot to buy cilantro and well, you just CAN’T have salsa without cilantro. Or can you?
You can if you serve it with tortilla chips!
Or in this case, a P28 flatbread cut into triangles and toasted up under the broiler 😀
Peach, Raspberry & Basil Salsa
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour chill time
Keywords: raw appetizer snack side basil peaches raspberries summer vegetarian
Ingredients (1 cup)
- 1 medium peach, chopped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon agave (or preferred sweetener)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Combine peaches and raspberries in a medium-sized bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, and spices and then drizzle over fruit.
3. Add basil and stir, breaking up some of the raspberries while you do.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least one hour to allow flavors to develop.
5. Serve as a topping for grilled chicken, fish, tofu or as a dip with your favorite tortilla chips!
So good, it frickin’ SPARKLES! 😉
But I have a confession to make…this recipe didn’t just come to me…it was inspired by yet ANOTHER creation that I made and forgot to tell you guys about. I know, I know, you should really just take me out back and stone
fruit me! I’m fresh out of cookies today, but I DO have a crisp and toasty FLATBREAD!
Enter stage left…
I mean seriously, you have to give it to
her him IT for at least being
“fashionably” late! 😉
Peach, Raspberry & Basil Flatbread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake entrée high protein vegetarian basil peaches raspberries tortillas summer
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/2 a P28 High-Protein Flatbread or your favorite wrap/tortilla
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 Tablespoon sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 a small peach, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Torn fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place flatbread/wrap/tortilla on a baking sheet and allow to bake 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. Remove from oven and top with ricotta, onions, raspberries and peach slices.
4. Return to oven for 3-4 minutes to warm through.
5. Remove from oven and top with torn fresh basil and salt & pepper.
6. Slice and serve.
Hello, my name is Heather and I have an unhealthy obsession with
colorful and sparkly things Pic Monkey and photo editing. 😉
What are two of your favorite fruits to combine?