Surprise guests at your next party with crisp garlicky toasts topped with sweet fresh figs, salty prosciutto and melty mozzarella. With the explosion of flavor in these little bites, you’d never guess how easy they come together!
Soon to be known as your favorite non-recipe recipe!
I’ve debated for over two months whether to share this recipe on the blog or not. It goes against many food blogger standards in the way that a.) there aren’t actually any specific measurements and b.) the only two pictures I have I took with my phone. and c.) fig season is pretty much over. BUT I’ve seriously dreamt about these babies non-stop since I made them back in September and they’re just too good not to share. And we’ll just ignore the fact that I haven’t posted a recipe in almost six months. Ha!
Fig & Prosciutto Cheese Toasts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 loaf french bread or baguette
- garlic butter (or butter topped with a sprinkle of garlic powder)
- sliced prosciutto
- fresh mozzarella balls (the small ones torn into pieces)
- fresh or dried figs (or fig jam)
- grated parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce for dipping
1. Using a serrated knife, cut bread into slices.
2. Spread the top of each slice with garlic butter.
3. Top with pieces of sliced prosciutto.
4. Add sliced fresh figs (or chopped dried figs or a spoonful of jam) and mozzarella.
5. Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and broil on low for 10-15 minutes (or until cheese is melty and toasts are crisp around the edges).
6. Sprinkle toasts with Parmesan cheese and serve with warmed marinara sauce.
And just trust me on the marinara…you WON’T regret it!
What is your go-to non-recipe for parties?
What is your favorite dip?
I’m a sucker for Ranch!