Oh creamy cookie spread, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways…
It’s true…I have
a crush an addiction.
And after Missy, one of my favorite readers, sent me a link to these, it grew to a full on obsession. To say I dreamt of fluffy stacks of Biscoff filled pancakes is an understatement. But c’mon, one egg for four servings? Clearly, this recipe needed some adjustments! 😉
Biscoff Cookie Pancakes
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Keywords: stovetop breakfast vegan vegetarian nut-free whole wheat pastry flour oat flour Pancake Sunday
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/8 cup oat flour (rolled oats ground in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flax + 3 Tablespoons warm water)
- 1/8 cup Biscoff cookie spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Toppings: banana slices, chopped dried figs, and maple syrup
1. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. Prepare flax egg and set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl combine flax egg, Biscoff spread, butter, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
5. Stir milk into Biscoff mixture.
6. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until flour is incorporated.
7. Spoon batter onto skillet, forming 4 small-medium sized pancakes, and cook 4-5 minutes before flipping.
8. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes before plating and adding toppings.
FYI, dried figs and banana slices make fantastic pancake toppers!
Janetha was RIGHT when she said this stuff is like crack!
If any of you psych majors need any understanding Pavlov’s Theory, just open up a jar of this stuff in front of me! 😉 Seriously, you guys may need to stage in intervention. I’ve had this jar for a week and it’s already half empty…or is it half full?
What is your newest obsession, food or otherwise?
What’s the best thing from your weekend?
I sat around dreaming about pancakes all weekend…let me live vicariously through you!