So I’m sitting here typing up this post while listening to Christmas music on Pandora radio.
Yes, I am well aware that it is only October.
No I’m not in any hurry to drag out the Christmas decorations…in fact, I have absolutely NO CLUE where I’m even going to put my tree in the new house…but there’s just something about hearing good ol’ Frank tell me that he’ll be home for Christmas that makes me smile.
It also makes me want to bake!
And well, since gingerbread cookies aren’t exactly breakfast fare, I did what any
normal person pancake addict would do…
Whole Wheat Gingerbread Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 minutes
Keywords: fry breakfast whole wheat pastry flour ginger Pancake Sunday winter fall
Ingredients (Serves 2)*
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites), whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk)
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and whisk well.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
5. Pour batter into greased skillet, forming 6 small-medium-sized pancakes.
6. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until edges start to turn crisp.
7. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until done.
Do you like listening to Christmas music out of season?
I’m sure I’ll be ready to pull my hair out by the middle of December, but I usually get in the mood a bit early every year.
Do you start dancing like a Charlie Brown character when you hear upbeat Christmas songs?
No? Just me?