They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
They say the best way to overcome an addiction is to distance yourself from that which triggers uncontrollable urges.
They say you should seek out the support of others.
Well this is me admitting my problem.
I went all weekend without touching a single oat.
And this is me seeking your support…
Screw recovery, these things are INCREDIBLE!
Coconut Cranberry Protein Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert breakfast snack low sugar high protein peanut free vegetarian vegan oats cranberries coconut oil protein powder bar
Ingredients (16 bars)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal (I used this brand)
- 2 cups vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 4oz containers of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 20 drops liquid stevia (or additional sweetener)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, protein powder, cereal, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla, agave, and stevia and whisk until smooth.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
5. Push up your sleeves and prepare to put some elbow grease into it as you stir ingredients together.
6. Spread mixture into a greased 13×9 baking dish.
7. Add dried cranberries to the top and push down into mixture with a spatula.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are browned and crisp.
9. Allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing.
10. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
I tried something new with adding the cereal and I’m so glad I did. I’m all about textures and I love the bit of CRUNCH it added. Feel free to sub in any dried fruit for the recipe (or scratch that chocolate itch if you must) but I think the tartness of the cranberries was the perfect match to the overall buttery coconut almond flavor.
Soft and crumbly, chewy and crunchy, perfectly sweet…
And with nutritionals that will knock your socks off!
This bar makes an EXCELLENT midday snack…the high protein and fiber are guaranteed to keep you satisfied for more than a couple of hours. Or even better, crumble it over a bowl of Greek yogurt and you’ve got yourself a POWER BREAKFAST!
But that isn’t even the best part…
The ingredient that started it all.
One of the BEST protein powders I’ve ever tasted!
I was lucky enough to win a giveaway from the lovely Jill a few months back for this container of Collagen Sport Whey Isolate Complex from NeoCell. Since then I’ve been enjoying it in smoothies, ugly pancakes, and homemade protein bars and I’m absolutely LOVING it!
Each scoop gives a whopping THIRTY grams of protein without ANY artificial sweeteners or flavors, fillers or synthetic ingredients.
It’s also gluten, wheat, sugar, and lactose FREE!
So you wanna hear the best part?
NeoCell wants to give one of YOU a container for FREE!
HOW TO ENTER:
Please leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry
1. Tell me what your recent snack/food addiction is!
1. Like NeoCell Sport on Facebook
2. Follow NeoCell Sport on Twitter
3. Follow Kiss My Broccoli on Twitter
4. Tweet the following: “I just entered to win FREE @NeoCellSport #protein powder from @kissmybroccoli http://tinyurl.com/9zbswno #giveaway”
5. Follow Kiss My Broccoli on Pinterest and PIN this post!
Open to US and Canadian residents!
While I did receive a container of NeoCell Sport for free, I was not compensated in ANY way for this review.