If you are reading this post, then it seems sun gods had mercy on me and my beet-covered hands and decided to grant my wish…
Ahhh, perfect lighting at last!
Though it wasn’t for free. I made a promise that they would have their very own Blueberry Beet Pancakes
EVERY Sunday from now until my dying day.
I HOPE you guys are happy!
As I mentioned on Friday, after making Lauren’s amazing Beet Burgers, I just could NOT get the “beat” out of my head. You see…I got a little overzealous grating my beetroot providing MORE than enough for my burgers and well, with Pancake Sunday only days away…
I just HAD to!
Pillowy soft pancakes that embrace the natural earthiness of beetroot filled with spicy cinnamon flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet “pops” of warm blueberries hidden within…
What do ya say…drooling yet?
I hope so…because remember, I’m gonna be flipping these babies for a LONG time!
Now, how about that recipe?
Blueberry Beet Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg white (or 1 Tbsp ground flax + 3 Tbsp warm water, allowed to set for 5 minutes)
- 1 small beet, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-7 drops NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia (or other sweetener)
- 1/3 cup blueberries
1. Preheat skillet or griddle to medium heat
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. Combine grated beets, milk, extract, and sweetener in a blender and puree until smooth.
4. Whisk egg white until frothy (about 30 seconds).
5. Add whisked egg and beet mixture to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
6. Fold in blueberries.
7. Pour batter into skillet or griddle forming two medium-sized pancakes and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until edges start to crisp.
8. Plate and top as desired.
And JUST to further my act of self-lessness throughout this entire process, I even tried the vegan version using a flax egg and…
They came out PERFECTLY…you can barely even see the difference!
Layered with vanilla protein “pudding” (1/2 a container of Greek yogurt + half a scoop of vanilla protein powder) and topped with more blueberries, almonds, and unsweetened coconut…