What up, Wednesday?!
I’m gonna make this one short and sweet today. Why you ask? Well, to be Frank (because sometimes that’s more exciting than just being Heather), I’m having a bad day…yesterday, by some act of GOD, I managed to get through my night shift on only THREE hours of sleep. After I got off, I went home, took a Benedryl, and promptly faceplanted without a single thought to eating, teeth brushing or even changing into PJ’s. Unfortunately though, the TEN hours I got ended up being a mix of wild dreams where I was hunting down persimmons in the middle of a desert while trying to figure out why Laura, dressed like Miley Cyrus, was swimming in a pool of blue jello (seriously, I can’t make this shit up)!
Long story short, I’m STILL tired, I have a Benedryl “hangover” from hell, I got a little carried away with the coffee drinking and now feel like my heart’s going to pop out of my chest, AND to top it all off, I totally picked the WRONG underwear today. You know the ones…if they’re not sliding down, they’re going…well, you know. I swear, if I didn’t have such an aversion to going commando, I would…wait, where was I??
Oh yeah…LOOK guys, I made you WAFFLES! 😀
Ok, so I tend to get a bit obsessed with certain flavor combos, but I just couldn’t help myself! I still can’t get the peanut butter pumpkin one out of my head and obviously, neither can Laura! When she’s not confusing the heck of me in my dreams, she’s freakin’ one-upping me with pie for breakfast!
Almond Joy Waffle for One
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Cook Time: 5-8 minutes
Keywords: waffle iron breakfast pancake/waffle mix cocoa powder coconut milk
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1/3 cup Kodiak Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup (carton) coconut milk (plus 1-2 Tablespoons if using protein powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Toppings: Coconut-flavored Greek yogurt, almonds, toasted coconut chips
1. Plug in waffle iron and allow to come to temperature, coat with non-stick spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in a small bow and stir well.
3. Pour mix into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
4. Transfer to a plate, add toppings, and relish in the fact that you’re eating candy for breakfast!
BAM! Candy for breakfast! In yo face, Laura! 😛
And speaking of last week…I have some winners to announce today, don’t I? With nearly one hundred and FIFTY entries, the random four lucky winners of the Kodiak Cakes giveaway arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre…
I’ll be emailing you today to get your addresses!
When’s the last time you had dessert for breakfast?
Anyone else have any weird dreams lately?
Pray for me that today ends up better!
And remind me to throw away this underwear!